Question on older Canadian Whisky

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I was just going thru my collection of foreign adult beverages when I came across a "large beaker" of O.F.C. by Schenley, Canadian whiskey. It was placed in small, charred Oak caskets in 1956 AD and bottled in 1964 AD. The bottle still has it's 1956 Canadian excise tax stamp intact.<br />The bottle also has a serial number on the backside label. <br /><br />The bottle is unopened and is as full as when it left the distillery. This "Golden Nectar" boasts being 86.6 proof.<br /><br />I was wondering if this nectar is still available in Canada and if it is, what would the current shelf price be.<br /><br />Thanks in advance... <br /><br /> ...Bob in (an undisclosed location) in Calif...

brother chris

Commander
Re: Question on older Canadian Whisky

Mmmmmm.....aged Canadian whiskey. <br />Savour it my friend....that is some good stuff.

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thanks OMC, that list is very helpful. Am I correct in assuming this a New York price list?<br /><br />I sure hope this 48 year old bottle is worth more than the current $18.++ per bottle.<br /><br />I guess you could call my bottle, NOS. :D <br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

I thought I was doing pretty good with a 1977 Old San Francisco Brandy in a commerative box. Rock on.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by telmanmn:<br /> I thought I was doing pretty good with a 1977 Old San Francisco Brandy in a commerative box. Rock on.
I have a bottle of 1984 Democratic San Francisco Convention, California grown Cabernet Sauvingnon. It was a fundraiser wine that the Dems couldn't give away. They sold it off cheap after Mondale got creamed in '84. Sold it to a small California specialty chain and I bought a case for $2.00 a bottle. It was pretty good wine.<br /><br />Well I got one bottle left and I'm gonna open it and celebrate when the current Democratic candidate gets creamed. 20 y/o anniversary. He He He!

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

It has a 21 year life cycle. Drink it in good health(for now). Breath deep.

one more cast

Captain

Bob, They are the cap cod package store prices.<br /> I got the link from jeeves, he is a pretty smart guy :D