Query For Schematic

MGuckin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Are your electrical/electronics experties limited to boats?<br />I am attempting to design a timer (clock)that will initialize upon sensing a load and terminate when load has stopped. Similar to an hour meter, but must be indiscriminant.<br />Any ideas?<br />Voltage would be 115 vac+- and amp load variable with max @15.<br />Thanks in advance,<br />Mike<br /> :)

petryshyn

Commander
Re: Query For Schematic

MGuckin:<br />I never check these other areas! Its such a slow night I thought I'd poke around! Its funny I found you.<br /><br />Tell me exactly what you're trying to do, and we'll make it work. I ain't nosey, but need to know the facts.<br /><br /> ;)

MGuckin

schematic,<br />Thanks for responding.<br />I want to monitor and control electronic equipment usage by connecting to the power source itself rather than individual components. <br />Possibly auto-terminate after a programable pre-determined time.(no user access to programming)<br />Basically, I want to know when equipment is in use and have it run for a certain length of time and then not be allowed to be used again in a 24 hour cycle.<br />A basic wall timer could terminate the component but the clock can't be set to a time to start hense the need for a circuit to sense the load and start the timer.<br />Should wish, here is my email address. mikehomeservice@aol.com<br />Thanks again,<br />Mike<br /> :)

petryshyn

Commander

MGuckin:<br /><br />>what we can do for cheap is preset the number of hours available. We can have a timer rack up accumulated time automatically whenever load is present. After the timer shuts the load off, its going to stay off until you reset it.<br />>update!<br />working on a brain storm which may allow autoreset after 20 hours or so.........I'll keep you posted.....<br /><br />>oh, I forgot......is this what you're looking for?<br /><br /> <br /> :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

petryshyn

Commander

Hello MGuckin...<br /><br />This will allow you to set "allowable on time" and once it has been used up, the timer will prevent further useage until the balance of the 24 hours has timed out. The indicator will light when allowable time is used up. Parts should run around $40.00 CAN.<br /><br />if this will do, I'll post the components needed! Let me know......<br /><br />
timer.gif

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Hey Schematic. This is off-topicbut thot I would catch you here first...I think I got that glitch fixed on the other site.<br />I FORGOT TO LOG OFF! So it saw everyone else as ME, which is why it was open to anyone to make changes in configuration,and anything else they wanted to do.<br />Thanks for bringing it to my attention. <br /><br />
boldyellow.gif

MGuckin

Hello schematic..<br />It sounds like it might work.<br />Is the 24 hour cycle fixed or adjustable?<br />The image that you posted did not come up??<br />Mike <br /> :)

petryshyn

Commander

MGuckin:<br />Thats really Odd!!<br /><br />I'll post it again (below)and if you still can't see it, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you!<br />
timer.gif

petryshyn

Commander

This timer would give you the option of setting 'on time allowed'. The balance of whats left out of 24 hours would be 'off time'.<br /><br />I do see a fly in the ointment. If the guy uses all but 1 minute of 'on time' and comes back tomorrow, he'll only get 1 minute of use and will have to wait the full 'off time' before he gets any more. Is that OK?<br /><br />If this isn't satisfactory, the next alternative will be a PLC.(Programable Logic Controller)and someone to program it for you.<br />Usually can be found at an Industrial Electrical Supplier. Probably a few hundred dollars.<br /><br />Good luck!!<br /> ;)

MGuckin

schematic...<br />Still not loading. I can see it is there and got the link where it came from (properties) but no pic. Probably an AOL glitch. But I can view the pic of your spark tester.Oh well.<br />Anyway, the fly might be a problem, maybe I will look into a PLC.. didn't think of that. <br />Thank you,<br />Mike<br /> :)