Putting 02 Honda BF45 on 73 Fabuglass Wiring HELP!

xtriggerman

Cadet
Hello good folks at the big I. Well, I bought this motor, saw it run in a water barrel. "seemed" to start & run OK despite not knowing jack about outboards on my part. Once I got it home and looked it over, I see where some one had written 112, 114, 114 right near the plugs. So After looking things up, Honda says new, they should be 199psi but I dont know if who ever tested it had the throttle open when they did. Cold, the engine barely idled but barked strong with a throttle push. Hoping they is no issue there but on to the main question.
First off, I can see where the ground to battery cable goes but I have no idea about that cut white wire that I have the red arrow on. It has a twisted on red jumper with ring connector as pictured. And just where does the positive cable from the battery go? The power trim ran good at the testing but I cant get power to it without knowing the above answers. The motor's hanging loose on the totally rebuilt transom now since with it down on the trailer roller, no way can I bolt it flat on the transom.
Next up is the controller wires that go to the dash are another unknown. It looks like there are 3 gauges that go to the pictured ends. Can anyone tell me what they are and where I can get a set of gauges that will be direct plug ins? Also, the rubber double cable engine port grommet is missing, and need to locate one of those as well. This is a nice old trihull but needed ALOT of work but not as much as one of the guys on here did not long ago. The inspiration for this first time deep dive into a boat is my only grandson of 11 Years Old is nutso about fishing. With a nice boating/fishing lake 12 minutes away, this looked like a good project to muddle though.
Oh, one other thing. The Honda control cables are like 8 feet too long. Can they be shortened 002.JPG001.JPGor do I have to order custom length ones? Thanks to all who can help to these newb questions.

xtriggerman

Cadet
So far I see the wires are for a Tac and Trim gauges but cant find anything on the third set and that set has 2 caped off ends there at the bottom of the pic. Ordered new cables at the correct length. Now if only I can make the controller accessory setting put power to the trim motor and the rest like the starter! Looks like the controller cable was spliced in its length. Potential issue there maybe. I spent hours on the net looking for a picture of the wire side of a BF45 and nothing. A 50 is a little different from what little that wire is shown taped up.

xtriggerman

Cadet
Looks like the cut wire belongs to the heavy white terminal next to it and since its a fuse wire, it must be the power terminal to the battery. thats my guess. A schematic helped alot. I'll put power to it and see what happens once that white wire is in place.