Prop shops in US that will rebuild Merc 250 Jet Drive Impellers and Stators

sloopy

Commander
Hello,

I have a Seadoo Utopia 250 Mercury Jet Drive inboard boat that I use for skiing, The impellor is showing some damage from common debris and some cavitation. The stator vanes are also heavily damaged. I searched around and most people are sending these to propellor shops to get rebuilt. When I call the shops within 3 hours of the DFW area they do not know how to handle impellors and stators and have no molds to resize them. I found a few places online that do the impeller but all the stator places are more focused on adding new aluminum or stainless leading edges to a new stator and selling after I give them the old back. This will cost more than just buying a new one outright.

Does anyone recomend a shop that can rebuild stators and impellers on the 250 Merc Jet Drives?

FWIW I tries a few of the PWC places and they don’t do jetboat impellors.

My other option may be to send the impeller off (again looking for recommendations.) and installing 301 CRES leading edges to the stator vanes hardened to 3/4 hard with AF191 adhesive jammed between the gaps and then a layer between the vanes and Stainless leading edge. However I would be concerned about galvanic corrosion and adding surfice treatment will lessen the adhesion of the adhesive.

Thanks!

Edit.
I see that we have a Jetski forum now... I don’t know if this would apply as it’s not a jetski and since the jetski shops said they don’t do the larger impellers.

Edit 2:
I see we have an “other” section. I would still think this is best here in this sub forum as it’s about the spinny stuff in the water.

Last edited:

sloopy

Commander
Gotta pay to play....🚤
Would it be worth just buying a new stator and impeller or should I dish out the 1800 for the fancy rebuilt? I’m running in Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas lakes and occasionally the coast. I’m not running shallow water or near gravel that the improved set up is designed for. I trailer all my boats and baby them.

Based off of YouTube videos from the company the first reply suggested those guys are running their boats over gravel and muck and sometimes flying over solid ground! While I would love to do this I don’t think my boat, keel shield, wife, and insurance company would be very happy.

That being said. Has anyone had any luck using Devcon aluminum adhesive to rebuild their stators themselves? Then I would just the impeller in to be repaired.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Yes the Devcon is goooood stuff as used to build nose cones out of it for go fast racing. It winter so take your time and build it up and shape it...then have it powder coated in 2 coats .Send the impeller to have repaired and balanced.