project boat crazy

bandit

Seaman
project boat crazy

Sorry but it's a long story.it all started with the first boat.a 78 ebbtide with 115 johnson.bought it for 1000 got it home after a bunch of work on the motor. couldn't get to work gear problems. so stuck it out front with a for sale sign on it and sold it for 1000.last summer found a 75 titan bass boat. thought i'd be smart this time. told the man i wouldn't buy it unless i could get in it drive it and make sure every thing worked. no prob took it out ran out good so i bought it. took it out with my brother in law for a spin still ran good every thing went fine. took it out the third time to do some fishing.started up good threw her down planed out good for a minute all of a sudden the boat started jumping and twisting thought what the f.... shut it down. threw it down agian and boat would not plan shut it down agian. felt a little low in the rear look back and theres about a foot of water hit the bilge first thought i forgot the plug so reach around the transom. plug was in so i headed to the ramp as fast as it wold go. put it on the trailor looked under the boat looked like a seam in the hull had busted open.end of fishing from my boat for last summer.turned out look like it had hit a rock stump ect.and someone had bondoed it back togather. no glass just bondo.go figure but hey the motor runs good. so this spring ive been looking for a hull. for the motor found a 16ft bomber bass boat. needed the transom replaced it was a freebee so i took it.but before i got to tear into it i found a 15 ft kingfisher with motor no trailor for 40 bucks.and all it needed was some seets and a little tlc. so now i have a boat that runs floats and goes yippy. so at that point i a had boat motor trailor that runs and a boat and motor but no trailor. so i hear of one so go to see it. its a piece of junk but the guy says i have a boat motor and trailor for 400 up in the woods we go look at it. boat has mold growing on it motor misssing parts but the trailor looks good. all but the tires. bought it all for 100 bucks last weekend.turns out the boat clean up nice all the glass is good. so my wife decides she wants to keep this boat no prob just needs interior and my other motor.BUT of course this week i found and was given a 85 16 ft phantom bass boat and traded the 100$ boat to a 16 ft aluminum boat so now i have a 16 ft bomber bass boat .a15ft fisher king a16ft phantom a16ft alum all this because i wanted a boat to play and fish out of. any one need a bomber or fisher king boat let me no.sorry for boring any one. but its late and i was bored so there ya go. do i get the longest post award hehe

lindyntn

Recruit
Re: project boat crazy

hey, if you wanna dump one of them freebies, drop me a line! LOL! I'm looking for a freebie that no one wants as a project boat for myself and my kids. lindyntn@bellsouth.net

sofasurfer

Cadet

Nice one Bandit. Who says length doesn't count.<br /><br />I bought a nice old OB boat w/trailer years ago that needed a coil. Thought that was to expensive so sold the boat for a couple dollar profit.<br /><br />Couple years later got a OB boat w/trailer for a couple hundred bucks. Needed electrical stuff so sold it to save the money.<br /><br />Couple years ago got a OB boat w/trailer free. Needed electric stuff and interior. Looked too complicated so sold it to a guy who only needed a trailer. Good move since while we were hooking up the trailer I noticed that the lower unit was cracked. Whew!!!<br /><br />Last year I saw a I/O w/trail for $50. Went for it again. $2000 dollars later I have a decent boat to fish with. Wish I would have saved the other boats. Would have been a lot cheaper to repair them I think. Just now got carpet and a friend gave me some nice seats. Hope to paint the deck this summer. <br /><br />Well, just thought I'd share. Takes a while to find that special project. Got a ton of money in it but for the education I got I don't feel bad. Hope to find another project this summer.