Parting out the boat?

Acer2428

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Bought a '76 Newman Mark V and have had only problems as some of you may have noticed. Paid $1,450 and have dumped a few hundred into random parts and pieces.

I went and knocked around on my transom, felt fine and springy, but the few inches under the hole for the outdrive felt more solid. I think with a new boot and some sealant, the boat would be just fine. It has one soft spot in the floor and the engine cover is busted. I think it would just be easier to part out. I have my eye on an '86 ebbitide with a 150 Merc. outboard.

The trailer is a Calkins roller. In ok shape, new rollers.

Boat has an OMC 190hp (Ford 302 block) that runs just fine and a non-orig outdrive that is also in good shape. Not sure what else people would want out of it.

If I could get $1,000 for it, I'd be willing to call it a learning experience. What do you think I could get for it?

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Re: Parting out the boat?

Put it on Ebay,you never know.I would think if its in running condition you should get at least a grand..

freddyray21

Commander

you might turn it around, but my problem I would have when looking at it is the OMC outdrive. I wouldn't get near one.

ziggy

Admiral

but my problem I would have when looking at it is the OMC outdrive. I wouldn't get near one.
me either, but i would guess there's lots of omc owners that would like to get there hands on it for the parts......