Outboard motor tools

L.A.Wise

Seaman Apprentice
Just for your information, you may check with some of your local auto parts store to see if they "rent" things like spark plug testers, compression testers, torque wrenches, etc. Many times you will find you local O'Riely's, Auto Zone, Napa will rent the tool... actually they process the price of the tool against a credit card or cash deposit. Your allowed to use the tool for a specific time, and if not returned, the credit card is processed or the cash is put into the bank. You should be able to get a comression tester for around $30.00 to $40.00, and spark plug testers for about $8.00.

I have several military ammo cans and madetool boxes up for each of my boats (currently have three) and each has a compression and spark plug tester, 1/2 and 1/4 inch socket sets, a set of sae and metric wrenches, needle nose and slip joint pliers, wire cutters (dykes) a wire stripping tool and fittings as well as a plug wrench. Also, a phillips and flat tip screw driver set. It has been an immense help to have these basic tools with me.[/

Last edited:

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral
Re: Outboard motor tools

Hmmmm, I always liked putting my ammo in those ammo cans, but using them for tools is a neat idea. :D