nobody heard of this problem?

HarrisW

Recruit
I wrote a post a little while ago, and no one has replied. I was wondering if this was a rare problem, because it seems to me it should be simple to fix. Some other people I know have had the same problem with new Yamahas, but they said it usually fixes itself. The throttle arm will not go past idle (500 rpm), I can forcefully push it forward, but this seems to only bog the motor down. It's a brand new motor, and I want to use it this weekend, but I know I won't be able to get a mechanic to look at it before memorial day, so any replies will be greatly appreciated. It is a 2003 Yamaha HPDI 2-stroke.

Canuck 16

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: nobody heard of this problem?

Is the fast idle lever all the way down?

HarrisW

Recruit

I'm not sure. If you are talking about the lever you lift up on the controls to increase the rpms in neutral, this one doesn't have that. To do that I just push in the button at the bottom of the throttle arm and push it forward. That still works, and so does reverse, but when I push forward the control arm can't be pushed pass idle speed. It's very strange, because the motor was running fine up to this point.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> try to post just a wee lil bit more info.