No water only exhaust out of water hose

Brucemoose

Recruit
I have a 1983 9.8 mercury that will not pump water out the hose connected to water jacket. Have replaced the. Complete water pump and housing . Will pump water to the power head. Replaced gaskets on the water jacket, exhaust cover including the plate. Water is pumping up to here. Only thing that comes out the pisser hose is exhaust. Any one know what it could be?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I can not see or hear your motor so here goes.-----Was there a severe overheat on this motor ?----Did you replace the plastic washer at the top of the water tube ?----Power head needs to come off to inspect replace this washer.----Easy job in my opinion.

Brucemoose

Recruit
I can not see or hear your motor so here goes.-----Was there a severe overheat on this motor ?----Did you replace the plastic washer at the top of the water tube ?----Power head needs to come off to inspect replace this washer.----Easy job in my opinion.
That is the only thing I have not replaced . I just got this motor ,so I don’t know if it overheated . I do know that it was strictly used for trolling on a big boat and it was full of carbon. My next thing to try is pulling the power head. How can I tell if the plastic washer is the problem? Thanks for the information you have given .