New Glasstream boats being made in Panama City

i386

Captain
Anyone checked these out in person?

Wife and I stopped by the place selling them in Panama City last summer. We looked at a 192CC and 221CC. The salesman was zero pressure and spent a lot of time telling us about the boat, design, features, and construction. According to him, there's no wood in the construction at all and they take a lot of pride in the boats they build. He said when I had more time he'd be glad to show me the factory.

I thought the boats looked great and seem like a good value for the money. Anyone have any experience with these new boats they're building?

flyguysrq

Cadet
Re: New Glasstream boats being made in Panama City

I bought a 2000 242 CCX that was a year old, the hull had cracked and the previous owner repaired it in preparation for the sale. The crack reappeared within a couple of months of my purchase. I can send some pics if you're interested.
If I had it to do over again I'd look for a reputable boat, Mako, Whaler, Grady, etc. and fit whatever year, model and power that was within my budget. The secondary market for Glasstreams reflects their value (you get what you pay for).