Need help identifying the worth of a 1948 aluminum fully restored John boat with a 1993 Johnson 9.9 outboard & boat trailer

sarahredfern23

Recruit
Hi there reaching out to the boating community for some help identifying the worth/selling price of my boat, the 1948 aluminum John boat was full restored & sealed ready for the water, the 1993 Johnson 9.9 outboard motor was rebuilt & in perfect running condition, dad maintenance runs it 1-2 times a week, with standard aluminum boat trailer. Wasn’t ever planning on selling it but time are tough! If anyone has knowledge on this sharing it with me would be greatly appreciated ☺️

jbcurt00

Staff member
Probably need some pix and a maker/model "1948 jon boat"

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I don't think Lone Star made any Jon Boats. Does it have a pointy end?

A word of warning - Selling is not allowed in the forum. The store has a Boats for Sale section.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
I agree on Lone Star not making Johns: Defined as a flat bottom, flat nosed usually aluminum boat normally used in protected waters like rivers and small lakes. Lone Star built Aluminum up to 20', some with a cabin, and later maybe fiberglass when that craze hit the market but they were semi-vee monohulls with a pointed bow. They were popular back in the '50's and 60's in the Houston-Galveston, Tx. area.