My new Toy...

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
watermark.php
<br /><br />1993 Caribu Truck camper that has a hitch extender so I can pull the boat behind her. Looks like fun days ahead for me and mine. Wanted to go camp tonight but since I do not have the tiedowns installed I was afraid to drive it far. Dang thing is 19'3" and weighs 2650lbs, and looks like new.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: My new Toy...

Looks great!!! Looks like a perfect rig to take advantage of all those great fishing lakes there in Minn.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There is no better place in the USA to be than MN in the summer, Neumanns.<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />Enjoy both weeks. :)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Great looking setup Neumanns, looks like you could use a set of air bags though.

rc581

Petty Officer 2nd Class

enjoy both weeks... thats good JB. but its still one whole week longer than we get in northern michigan

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Thats nice man. I was gonna get one of those about two years ago. It wasn't as big but pretty close to it. We were gonna set it up on stands and use it as a camper. It had a place where water had leaked in and I passed because of that. Sure wish I would have bought it. We ended up with a tent on wheels ie pop up camper. It was extremely nice, but not what I really wanted. We just sold it to help make the down payment on some land.<br /><br />By the way- Sure is a good thing its got a Ford under it, that makes it moveable. A poor ole chevy would just sit there and cry with that load.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Now that is one nice funmobile. Have fun!<br />Bassy

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Brought it home Sunday, Mounted the tiedown package Monday, leaktested the lpg and water systems Tuesday morning. Tuesday afternoon threw in some essentials and left the house about 5pm. Drove 15 miles to a lake in the state forrest and parked about 35 feet from the shorline. There was one other family there on the other side of the lake, :rolleyes: I wish it the lake wasn't so crowded :rolleyes: . I didn't take the boat but the kids had a blast playing in the water while I fished. What a wonderful relaxing evening. Fresh perked coffee this am by the lake and back in time to get my son to his "Little school". Life is good! The only downside is all this time I wasted getting the camper ready has wasted 1/4 of my two week summer. Apperantly I only have 10 days left. :D Oh well I will take it over that "Searing Warmth" down there anyday. Coffee is so much better in the am without having to hear the A/C running incesantly. ;)

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

If you were to rent an apartment here on the SF Peninsula, the same size as your camper, it would cost you about $800.00 a month!!! :D <br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

nice! :D <br />am jealous dude... looking for same set up.<br />a nice size conversion van would work too...

gonfishn

Commander

Does this mean that your other half is going let you have more then a couple days of fishn this year when we hook up...I know of three or four musky lakes that could take days to fish...hmmmmm

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

the women would never find us GF :p so tempting!<br />we got plenty musky up here and u got an open<br />invite.... if u can get away that is. LOL