Morphine Stories

Fishbusters

Ensign
We were talking with someone last night and heard a good one that involved invisible (except to her) spider women and folks that dissapear into the cracks between the floors and walls as well as a few more intresting events and critters. My own mother had an electrifying experience in that her hospital room was arcing and things were blowing our and people were being electrocuted and no one would come into her room. I have heard of a few other realy wild things people saw while on morphine. A few of these people have even said it is a worse trip than acid. All of them say it is a dark evil thing. Anyone ever have any experience like this with Morphine? Anyone know someone that has? If you could please share a little about it. To me there is a related thread with all of these stories and I would like a little more of them to compare to what I have heard.<br />BTW the wife was on Morphine due to c-sections and had no wierdness at all.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: Morphine Stories

when I broke my leg in 2 places a couple years<br />back, they shot me up with Morphine every hour<br />or so while I was waiting for the leg doc.<br />all I remember is it put me to sleep immediately<br />and I awoke each time feeling nauseuos.(sp)<br />only wish the guy that set my leg disappeared<br />into a crack! :eek:

bobber head

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My Grandfather came home from a trip to the hospital pretty much in a stupor. Morphine.<br /><br />Said he woke up once and there was "cowboy's and indian's" riding horse back over a mountain - where the bedroom wall was suppose to be. He rather chuckled at this.<br /><br />Woke up again to find all his covers had fallen to the floor. He was reaching down to get them when a "strong hand" clamped over his wrist and started yanking him out of bed.<br /><br />His screaming, and the thud of him hitting the floor, is what brought us into the room. He was scared stiff.<br /><br />Took turns "watching him" for the rest of the night. Next day he couldn't remember a thing.<br /><br />He died just last week at 89.<br />He's fishing in the BIG pond now.

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I had a 105 degree fever once when I had pnuemonia. While this has nothing to do with morphine, I had this dream that there was a pile of giant hotdogs at the end of the bed. When I rolled over, they all came crashing down on me like a pile of logs. It was very real. It was definitely hard for my parents not to laugh even though the screaming woke them up.

rwise

Captain

While in the hospital having back surgery. It just put me to sleep but I was still aware of the PAIN!