Meatball

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander
My wife went to the animal shelter lunchtime Wednesday and said she found a big cat. Kept going oon and on about how big it was. She ended up adopting it. He's a 6 year old domestic long hair, I named him Meatball. Owners dumped him because they got a dog. He's 25 pounds. Makes my other adult cats look like kittens, I think they're pretty confused about this big giant new cat... :) <br /><br />Friendliest thing you ever saw, will sit on your lap all day. <br /><br />
meatball1.jpg

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Meatball

25 pounds?? That is huge!!! Hope it isn't a lap cat ;) <br /><br />Pretty cool that you adopted it from the shelter ;)

Carphunter

Commander

Watch out Steve, Guageguy really like animals that sit in his lap. :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Lots bigger than Catzilla, and a lot friendlier, too. :)

Carphunter

Commander

Nice buck in the Background Steve.<br /><br />......betcha didn't even see it, did ya GG. ;)

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br />......betcha didn't even see it, did ya GG. ;)
Heck man, I didn't want to go snoopin around Steve's pad without being invited... :p <br /><br />Yup, that's a good one Steve ;)

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Steve, Your Meatball is the spittin' image of my now-deceased cat, Elvis. They could've been twins! Elvis died of liver failure two years ago, weighing 26 lbs. Of all the cats I've had, he was by far the friendliest and most easy to get along with. He was meticulous in keeping himself groomed. He often slept in my lap. Man, I miss that dang cat!

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

HA! The buck is from Maine about 20 years ago or so, my dad popped it, was going to get rid of it when he moved so I inherited it. Wish I could take credit for it but I never bagged anything worth mounting (yet...). Wife hates it. I told her to just think of how festive Christmas will be when I put the blinking red nose on it and tell the kids that Santa crashed! <br /><br />Mr. Meatball is still getting adapted to the new home quickly, still spends a lot of time hiding but is getting braver by the day. Gets along well with my other 2 cats so that's really good. My other cats don't seem to mind him too much either. Somehow the big loaf manages to squeeze himself under my living room couches and I have to tilt up the couch to get him out when he does. He's started to 'hide' in more open places now where he can see what's going on so it'll only be a matter of time I think before he's really comfortable.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Brian, that's crazy, because yesterday I was talking to my mother about him and she said I should name him Elvis. <br /><br />(cue twilight zone music...)

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Steve,<br />We named him "Elvis" because as a kitten, he showed up on our porch on August 16, my son's birthday and the date Elvis died. He'd 'freak-out' every time we'd open up a new plastic trash bag, so I figured someone had tied him up in a plastic bag to 'dispose' of him, and he escaped from it. The bad thing is (and I cried like a baby over this) when I picked him up from the vet's after being euthanized, he was wrapped in a black plastic trash bag. We laid him to rest in his favorite blanket with his favorite toys. Still, he gave us 14 years of pure unadulterated pleasure. Good luck with Meatball!!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Now that's a kitty cat. He'll keep you warm when it gets cold. Love lap cats. Keep you real warm on those cold winter nights.

LubeDude

Admiral

You know thats a big cat if it looks big with Steve holding him. Steves no little guy.<br /><br />Here KITTY, KITTY, KITTY!!!

ndemge

Commander

Something about a cardboard sign that Reads: "Free Cat"......<br /><br />I'll go now

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Now thats a big cat, even bigger than my two cats, Stinky and Lumpy...