manual release screw stripped

Hi, I have a 1976 115hp johnson seahorse outboard with a calco type trim motor. The motor went to lunch so i am trying to raise the motor manually. I tried unscrewimg the manual release screw,but stripped it in the process. It looks like the screw was never used ,so it is frozen in place. Is there any other method I can use to raise the motor manually or a way to get the screw out without breaking anything? HELP FRANK

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: manual release screw stripped

Right now, 'bout the only thing to do is pop a line or two off so you can raise and lower Frank. Maybe during the cold months, you can remove the unit and get the manual release valve out and release it. <br /><br />What seems to be the problem with the motor anyways?

Re: manual release screw stripped

OBJ, <br /> The trim motor would raise the outboard half way and the trim motor kept running but the outboard wasn't moving. When I finally got it completely raised I checked the fill hole and the fluid was fine. The next time I used it all I could hear is the relay click when I hit the trim switch. I'm assuming a problem with the brushes in the motor or a problem with the relay switch. Any suggestions would be great. THANKS FRANK