loss power high speed

Have 175 Hp Johnson outboard on a 23' Proliner<br />Opened it up and it ran for about 5 to 10 min. <br />then I had a noticable power loss<br />I ran it like that for about another 5 min and my warning horn came on and I shut down the engine<br />I started it again and trolled for about 11/2 hours before opening it up again and I had a simliar loss of power <br />I tried to force more fuel to the engine with my primer bulb but didn't make any difference <br />Once I reduced speed at the ramp it was running rough<br />Any Ideas of what's wrong and what I should check<br />Thanks <br />I've already rebuilt the head and replaced the VRO pump prior to this problem.

Walker

Captain
Re: loss power high speed

Doesn't sound good. First check should be compression.

D

DJ

Ditto Walker. You may have "roasted" a cylinder or two.

I've checked the compression<br />all cylinders are between 80-85 PSI<br />note that I only have aprox 5 hours on the engine since the head was rebuildt<br />I was told that the compression will come up even more as the rings are broken in.<br />And I have rebuilt the carbs already within the last 2 weeks.<br />Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated I've been working on this project for a year now and I'm very frustrated.<br />Thanks for any help you can give me

Found a broken wire on the primary to #5 cyclinder is that enoungh to have caused me lose power when I was at open throtle?