Loss of air

likalar

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Loss of air

Yes. Fluctuation in temperature inside the storage unit can cause the perception of air loss. Or, the boat may actually have a leak. Start by checking that the o-rings are healthy and that they air valves are properly tightened. Soapy water sprayed liberally will help you find leaks, if any.
Larry

jacoboregon

Petty Officer 1st Class

What pressure did you have it blown up to? {You want to not have it more than 3/4 of max pressure to prevent over-inflation with temperature increases.}

As already stated, you will get pressure changes with temp changes. You aren't really "losing air" in that situation, just losing pressure due to the cooler temp.

Yes, you can check the valves, seams, entire boat with soapy water.

Over how long of a time period did you notice the apparent air loss?

Pacifictaca

Recruit

What pressure did you have it blown up to? {You want to not have it more than 3/4 of max pressure to prevent over-inflation with temperature increases.}

As already stated, you will get pressure changes with temp changes. You aren't really "losing air" in that situation, just losing pressure due to the cooler temp.

Yes, you can check the valves, seams, entire boat with soapy water.

Over how long of a time period did you notice the apparent air loss?

So I would have to add air do to pressure loss
During cold climate?. During summer would it be ok or would i deflate or need
To not fully inflatablee?

Yes. Fluctuation in temperature inside the storage unit can cause the perception of air loss. Or, the boat may actually have a leak. Start by checking that the o-rings are healthy and that they air valves are properly tightened. Soapy water sprayed liberally will help you find leaks, if any.
Larry

jacoboregon

Petty Officer 1st Class

When you say "pressure loss", can you define it a little more? Are you inflating 3/4's and two days later it's flat? How much air is leaking in what length of time?
What's it like if you inflate it and check it in a few days at near the same temp? If the temp is fairly constant you should have no appreciable air/pressure loss.

M9.9

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If it's a newer boat you can expect some expansion while pressurized and stored.

CapeAnn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Pressure within the tubes may be affected by variables like gas loss through the tubes (orings/material/penetrations/etc) & via ambient temp changes. I have relatively new tubes + the unit is stored in a outdoor shed. I check the tubes every month or so to add, or let out gas as necessary. Luckily there iare gas over expansion valves on my large tubes so that if I forget to reduce tube pressure during high temperature spikes the tube doesn't go kaboom. Pretty clever of the manf. to do this - but I think overkill for most, and another penetrator to worry about.

So, the answer to your question is yes. The advisory is - keep an eye on it every so often - by adding, or letting out gas.