live well on a 1989 Blue Fin Spectrum 1950

......Not sure what came from the factory, but I have a livewell with a hole on the bottom that you can plug.
It will fill up (if you put the plug in) when you turn the switch on. If you pull the plug the water will drain like it should.
Is there a way to keep fresh water in there to keep the bait alive , or is there a way to circulate the water without your bait going out the hole on the bottom ?

I have read on some livewells that there will be 2 holes and one of which is an overflow to circulate freash water , but I could Not find anything like that on mine.

This is the 1st boat that I have owned that has a live well so I am sorry if this is one of those "no brainer" questions !

An "old timer" I know said to freeze a 20 oz soda bottle and throw it in the live well and that would keep your bait alive alot longer, but I am looking for a more permanent solution !

any suggestions would be great !

force fan

Cadet
Re: live well on a 1989 Blue Fin Spectrum 1950

......Not sure what came from the factory, but I have a livewell with a hole on the bottom that you can plug. !

Use a piece of 1/2" or 3/4" pvc pipe (whatever the inside diameter of the bottom fitting is) cut to the depth you wish to maintain in the livewell. As the well fills, it will overflow into the standpipe and discharge outside the boat. This is the design of my 1988.

To empty the tank, simply remove the standpipe.