life{ what a *****]

bobmoore

Petty Officer 2nd Class
tired of bills ,work,boredom,life in general,only 47 years old ,married 1 in collage ,1 12yrs old and a great wife,i don,t drink or smoke, i,m home all the time except when i,m out on the lake with my boat or camping in my trailer mostly by myself , maybe i should start going out to the local bar again,always had some fun there ,but i can,t afford a dui .never was a big drinker. but theres got to be more to life then getting up going to work ,come home ,eat dinner ,watch t.v and go to bed.and pay bills.----------well what do you all think.i beleive this has nothing to do with boating. <br /> thanks :rolleyes:

Quiller

Cadet
Re: life{ what a *****]

Ya started sounding like the beginning of a Don LePre commercial. Was waiting for how much one could make from their "1 bedroom apartment". :) Cheer up mate, things could be worse... you could be a Nebraska Cornhusker fan! :p

bobmoore

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i do like the cornhuskers and an ohio state fan

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class

I the same bobmoore, even the same age! I did some time (8 months) Nebraska, what are these people to root for....thats all they have (Huskers) not even one pro team?? Hang in there buddy, its gets better, I tell myself that all the time, and I thought things mello out when you get to your 40's???? Not here! I guess for me the best time I had this weekend was an outing on the boat,one of the best decisions I ever made was getting a boat!<br />
banghead.gif

bobmoore

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i was thinking about going down to lake norman ,n.c for a week end ,i have a 21ft searay monoco cuddy ,i,m from n.e ohio the only problem i,ll have to go myself,my buddy i boat with says its to far ,its only 400 miles.

dmessy

Chief Petty Officer

The key to happiness is to give of yourself freely, not money, your time. Get out there and volunteer in any interest you have. I was feeling the same way till I started doing this. BSA needs help, and it is outdoors, and fun. Local food bank could use a hand ,as could Goodwill. The possiblities are endless. Sell the TV :D

Skinnywater

Commander

dmessy, good advise.<br /><br />bobmoore, Whats up with your 12 year old? Doesn't he/she know how to drive the boat?<br /><br />Being your age, I'm an empty nester waiting for the grandson to get weaned.

crab bait

Captain

the key to life is to choose your rut carefully... you mite be in it for along ,long time...

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

What that old saying????....<br /><br />Just be careful for what you wish for!<br /><br />Once again we are in the same age group and yes I have to admit things get routine. Just plan on some fun and don't get stuck in a rut ... if you do pay attention to Crab Bait's advice and choose very carefully!<br /><br />Bob :cool:

Cast-Away

Seaman Apprentice

Why don't you keep your boat at home? Then you can trailer it somewhere for the weekend or even a day trip. Lake Erie is pretty close. Better yet take a week long trip through the Trent Canal system in Ontario or cruise Georgian Bay. The scenery is unbelievable. You'll make better use of your boat if it is close to home. Enjoy life, it is tooooooooooo short!

dmiller

Seaman Apprentice

sad story bob...my heart goes out to you<br /><br /> i'm in the same "boat" in a way, except that my wife divorced me and took everything, i lost my job, my kids hate me, the dog ran away, car was stolen and destroyed ( no insurance), got caught soliciting a hooker, was asked to leave the church choir, kicked off the bowling team, hair plugs are falling out, bad liver, black and white tv, got caught pissin'in the ex's gas tank, and was asked to leave the state. now i live in an old refrigerator box in a ditch on one of the back roads in iowa. i find however some solace in this situation of mine, because my neighbour in the ditch only has a shoe box! i feel like a king!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

ROTFLMAO!!!! dmiller is right, you got it pretty<br />good when you think about it. find something you<br />enjoy doing and can look forward to....<br />how about a homemade boat project?

one more cast

Captain

Bob,<br /> Stop and smell the roses. Be thankful for what you have. I'm only 43 years old and have been unable to work for 4 years now due to rhumatoid arthritis. I can't even change the oil on my truck. I love to hunt and fish, but i can only do these things for short periods of time or i will be laid up for days.some days i can't even get in my boat.But today the sun is shining and i'm still breathing. Have a nice day !

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer

Well I will have to say that I'm not as old as some of you folks but I try to enjoy my life as much as I possibly can. Life is to short for us to waste it away not being happy.<br /> Family has a big thing to do with being happy. Though sometimes they can be a pain in the *ss they are with us though the bad and the good. Remember these are the people who will remember you when you are gone. So make the most out of them and enjoy them. They are not around for ever.<br /> Friends come in a close second. I veiw my friends as my excitement in my life. We love to go hiking, fishing, drinking and cooking out. If you don't have anything in common anymore with your friends then find some new ones. The friends I grewup with are not the same set of friends I have now. As I got older I realized we just didn't have the same things in common anymore. So I got to know some who did. And now I have to much to do. But I still talk to my old friends; we just don't do as much together anymore.<br /> And a job is just a job and no more. If you are one of the few who actually love your job then you truly are lucky. For those of us who have just a job remember it's just a means for us to enjoy our life outside of it. I never let my job affect my life. Life is too short. I don't have a good job or a bad job; it's just a job. I don't let it stress me out. If you died tomorrow they would replace you in a week and forget about you and move on within a year. Only your friends an family will remember you.<br /> So in retrospect life is too short to be unhappy. If you need some excitement in your life finds some friends who will provide it for you. If your job is stressing you out and you are taking that stress home and taking it out on your family and friends then stop. It's just a job. We all need to remember that we are on this tiny little planet somewhere in the universe and that everything we do in reality is pretty insignifcant to the whole of the universe. But what isn't is our happiness because it is something we have control over. So for Gods sake be happy. If your not do something about it. We are lucky in the fact we live in America, home of the free. Free to make our life how we choose. And I choose to be happy! :D <br />
usflag.gif

ehenry

Commander

I'm with Skinnywater, you and your 12 year old need to be spending mucho time together cause he/she will be gone before you know it. You should know you already have one in college. Your kids are what life is all about. They're a blessing and don't ever loose sight of that ! !Mine is only 14 years old and he's already doing his own thing and leaves the old man at home. He doesn't need me like he use to and I miss it terribly. Winter time is coming on though and he'll be ready to have me around to go to the deer camp with to hunt and socialize.

Knoxes

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well, frankly I can't believe I'm posting this, but... the people that I know, who are living happy, peaceful, content lives, are not those who have managed to arrange life to suit themselves, but have found a way to be of service to those around them. Some have devoted their lives to it. Most of us probably can't make that kind of commitment, but I know that when I help someone else, albeit begrudgingly at first, I have some personal satisfaction at the end. This forum, for example, gives people an opportunity to help others and I'm sure most of us are very happy just to have helped. I spend a good deal of my free time in a voluntary service position that allows me to directly help other people. My life, marriage, job, family, attitude, etc are better for it. My job, hobbies (including boating), tv, etc. would never do for me what this time spent helping does for me.

If you think you have it bad you should be in my shoes. Just got a DUI and all the cops lied about everything. Facing 90 days jail driving under suspension plus other time. Had back surgery,loaded with arthritis but still manage to fish with my boat and honey.I to have a 23yr old going to collage part time claims he doesnt need a job and a 21yr old lays around all the time and claims the same.55yrs old i am and i thought life is suppose to get better not worse it was for my mother and father god bless their souls.Semms like my boys hate me to only because i tell them i cant support them any longer and somthing has to give here. The woman keeps putting up with their **** and we fight all the time except when were in the boat fishing.Trust im ready for dmillers life shortly.

surftrish

Seaman Apprentice

dmessy and knoxes couldn't have said it better. Nothing gets you out of yourself and that self-pity like helping others. Find something that you're good at and something that you enjoy and be of service. Just look at the great examples on this site. These folks seem genuinely happy to help and that, in turn, is going to make them happier people overall. It's not the big things in life that bring us happiness--it's the appreciation of what we've already got. Just take a good look around. Life is Good! :D

Beernutz

Petty Officer 1st Class

An eagle knows when a storm is approaching long before it breaks. It flies to some high spot and waits for the winds to come. When the storm hits, it sets its wings, so that the wind will lift it above the storm. While the storm rages below, the eagle is soaring above it.<br /><br />The eagle does not escape the storm. It simply uses the storm to lift it higher, as it rises on the winds that bring the storm.<br /><br />With faith, we can ride the winds of the storm that brings sickness, tragedy, failure, and disappointment in our lives. We can soar above the storm. It is not the burdens of life that weigh us down, it is how we handle them.<br /><br />"They who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk, and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)<br /><br />Sounds like some of us have become lazy, spoiled, and just plain bored. They say animals are most alive during a life & death struggle, just before they're killed. With people, it's the struggles in life that define our character. It's those spurts of character that make us feel worthwhile. Without them, we can become depressed. Take a tip from Knoxes. You'll likely find others in a whole lot worse condition than your own. Take off the blinders, and shoulder someone else's burden. Take your kids with you, so they can see how good they have it, and perhaps where they're headed if they should suddenly lose your support. And when you're really feeling like the whole world is crashing in on you, try putting yourself in the place of a Viet Nam Conflict POW, where the fear of the events of tomorrow could be worse than the fear of death itself. Suddenly, things ain't so bad.<br /><br />I hope none of this has offended anyone.