Lawyers

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
An American attorney had just finished a guest lecture<br />at a law school in Italy when an Italian lawyer approached<br />him and asked, "Is it true that a person can fall down on<br />a sidewalk in your county and then sue the landowners<br />for lots of money?"<br /><br />Told that it was true, the lawyer turned to his partner and<br />started speaking rapidly in Italian. When they stopped,<br />the American attorney asked if they wanted to go to<br />America to practice law.<br /><br />"No, no," one replied. "We want to go to America and fall<br />down on sidewalks."<br />_________________________________________________<br />One day a man is walking in San Francisco's Chinatown,<br />and takes a turn down a strange looking alley, he comes<br />to a strange store.<br /><br />The man goes into it and begins just looking around,<br />but then he sees a Gold mouse statue and he decides to<br />purchase this Gold mouse statue. He walks up to the<br />clerk and says, "I would like to purchase this Gold<br />Statue."<br /><br />The Clerk says, It is $20.00 for the statue and another<br />$1,000.00 for the story behind it."<br /><br />The man refuses the story and gives the man $20.00.<br />He walks out of the store, and begins walking back to<br />San Francisco, when he notices that there is 3 mice<br />following him, he thinks nothing of it so he continues<br />walking. So, about 5 minutes later there are thousands<br />of mice following him.<br /><br />So he takes off running and the mice are right on him,<br />so, he runs toward the Wharf, and as he reaches the<br />edge, he throws the Gold Mouse Statue into the wharf.<br />All the mice follow the statue into the wharf.<br /><br />After they are all dead, he goes back to the Shop. He<br />walks in, and the clerk asks him, "So, came back for<br />the story, Huh?"<br /><br />The man replies "No, I wanted to know if you had a Gold<br />Statue of a Lawyer?"

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Lawyers

Isn't that John Edwards I see floating in the bay? :D

aspeck

Staff member

I wonder, do we have any attorneys on the board? Poor guys get such abuse - but then, they do deserve most of it! Have to send them to my attorney!

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Isn't it funny how the people who contribute the least to society get paid the most. :D <br /><br />Lawyers, used car salesmen, judges, politicians.<br /><br />Additions to the list welcome.

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by achris:<br /> Isn't it funny how the people who contribute the least to society get paid the most. :D <br /><br />Lawyers, used car salesmen, judges, politicians.<br /><br />Additions to the list welcome.
Don't forget consultants. <br />They don't actually do ANYTHING , are expected to show absolutely no results or progress from their own efforts, and work monthly contracts while billing by the hour. :confused:

aspeck

Staff member

Achris, as a former Used car (and new car) salesman, I resent that remark ... trust me, I sell used cars!<br /><br />Maybe that is why I enjoy "Dockside Chat" - once a "Cellar Dweller", always a "Cellar Dweller"!<br /><br />Don't forget insurance salepersons!