It is very disturbing...

L.A.Wise

Seaman Apprentice
I have just finished reading all the posts on the 69 pages (2056 posts) and am really appalled at the number of members who ask a question, get response, and never come back to say it worked or to even offer thanks. I particularly disliked those posts that just left everthing up in the air.

Members who take the time to post a question, or state an opinion, are just like the rest of us. We are not perfect or all knowing. We can learn from your posts as well as you can.

Please, if you ask a question, have the courtesy to return and offer comments to somewhat close the thread.

For what it would be worth, you'd have my personal thanks.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: It is very disturbing...

Unfortunately you are right when folks solve their problem they sometimes don't get back to us. Probably not intentional they are just off on their next adventure in boating.
We often do get a thanks for our reply but seldom a final thanks.
Some times they do hang around and contribute some of their boating experience.
If we were in it for the thanks we would be running on empty.Its just nice to know we helped someone out.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

That is the unfortunate side of human nature and it is sad because this is the best boat forum and in my opinion the best forum of any sort. I haven't observed any question that hasn't been answered on what ever subject. One can only hope to help.

rhinoronnie

Cadet

That is the unfortunate side of human nature and it is sad because this is the best boat forum and in my opinion the best forum of any sort. I haven't observed any question that hasn't been answered on what ever subject. One can only hope to help.

so true we should allways reply

wlg

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I joined this site to say thank you and to share my experience. It is nice to know that you helped someone solve the problem. People get help and then move on. What are you gonna do. I plan on staying around and helping to the best of my abilities and will always offer my thanks. I'm having fun.

tpenfield

Staff member

So, how long did it take to read the 69 pages of posts ? ? ?

L.A.Wise

Seaman Apprentice

Wow, some decent questions. It took me 4 days of visitations to read all the posts on the pontoon thread, plus a couple other posts I had some interest in. I wish i knew how to update the bio information, looked a couple of times but struck out. I'm located in central Oklahoma, and I don't really know if our boating is seasonal or not. I still get out as much as i can, but my 45 year old son had a stroke a few years ago and is bed ridden. I am the sole provider, so my life has pretty much came to a stop, other than the internet.

Last edited:

jkust

Rear Admiral

I'll get back to you tomorrow on this.