installing stereo with no exisiting wiring help needed

scottn83

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I need some tunes in the ol runabout. I purchased a Boss head unit MR1580DI a set of Infinity Reference 612m 6.5-Inch a set of Infinity Reference 6912m 6 x 9-Inch and a MB Quart Marine NAU460 240-Watt.
I have got a 6in and a 6x9 paralleled for one other 6 in and 6x9 Paralleled for the second channel and bridging 3 and 4 for a 10in sub that already had.

My real issue is when I installed the head unit I have 12v and ground run from one of my acc switches on the dash. But the head unit will not come on. I have 12v at the 12v wire and ground on the head unit connector. Do I need a chassis ground straight to the battery. If anyone has a wiring diagram that would show the connections between power the head unit and the amp it would be a great help.

one other question is the remote connection what should be hooked to the ignition switch and then a direct wire from the amp to the battery for the 12v connection

scottn83

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: installing stereo with no exisiting wiring help needed

stereo.jpghere is how i have it hooked up what am I missing

NYBo

Admiral

You are missing one of the 12 V+ connections to the head unit. The memory and the power lead need to have power.

scottn83

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks figured that one out and also needed a dedicated 12v line to the amp. I have it all working used #8 marine grade wire for speakers and power should that be good enough to carry the current