inline 6

bubbahemi

Seaman Apprentice
i got a inline 6 out of a 70 sea ray srv 180 and it has a stander bore i need the piston number i just got the boat and rebuilt the crab and got it running and the rod went threw the top of the piston. thanks :facepalm:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: inline 6

i got a inline 6 out of a 70 sea ray srv 180 and it has a stander bore i need the piston number i just got the boat and rebuilt the crab and got it running and the rod went threw the top of the piston. thanks :facepalm:

Ayuh,.... A Machine Shop can match it up for ya,...

Nothin' Marine 'bout pistons...

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I'm interested in the rebuild you did on the crab. Does it still have the standard issue of legs and claws or did you modify that?

AviatorJim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Look for parts for a 1969 Chevy C-10 pickup. They fit just right.

NHGuy

Captain

Hey BubbaHemi, don't pay Chris any mind, he's just messin with ya. I have a carb redo coming up this fall too.
When you put it back together make sure there isn't anything wrong that can re-break your piston and rod. Crank it over with water to the motor and the plugs out to make sure you don't get water to the cylinders. Water can be your culprit if there's a cooling system problem.

bubbahemi

Seaman Apprentice

got the motor out and took the hed of and it also needs a vale i also have a question is the 250 cdi already stroked

bubbahemi

Seaman Apprentice

i already have the out drive off and i can put a defrent one on it to handle the hp

Bondo

Staff member

i already have the out drive off and i can put a defrent one on it to handle the hp

Ayuh,... What extra horsepower,..??

How are ya gonna stroke the motor,..?? Where ya gonna get the parts to do it,..??

dollarten

Petty Officer 2nd Class

,Don't try it . Mercruiser tried using the 292 block back when the 292 was a current engine and had way too many failures with them . They went back to the 250 CI GM engine until the v8's stated coming on the scene . On paper it was a good idea with all the torque of a 292 but the long stroke of that engine puts way to stress on the cylinder bores and connecting rods . Whereas the 250CI engine was a better bore and stroke combination for marine use