Ignition switch from my control box

J.avant

Seaman

This is the ignition switch from my 1997 75 hp force control box. I assume it's not the right way to do this. I need to replace this mess and do it the right way.

This might be the reason I'm having trouble with some of the things on my motor like the tach doesn't work,starter gear drops down while trying to start it. If this isn't the problem it needs to be redone anyway,right? You can see that the ground wire came off when I removed it from the controller.

What should I replace the switch with? Where can I get the switch?

John

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Ignition switch from my control box

John,Go to the closest Mercury dealer. Take your mod# and ser# with you.They can get the right thing.J

J.avant

Seaman

John,Go to the closest Mercury dealer. Take your mod# and ser# with you.They can get the right thing.J

Thanks Jerry...Got one Yesterday. I did install it, they don't give you much room in the control box to put all the wires that's for sure.

I soldered all the connections. That was probably over kill but it's good to know there will be no more loose and sloppy connections. I would hate to do that again there's just no room in the control box. But I got-er-done.

I thought this would fix my tach problem. Took it out Today and tach didn't work. After I was out for a while the tach started to work and got my hopes up but then it stopped and never worked again for the rest of the day.

John

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Clean all the contacts.WD-40 and retighten.Even the grounds.The contact on the tach too.J