I am so fortunate.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
I forget how fortunate I am living where I do. <br />Reminder: I live in Fresno county and Tulare county is the county next door. This is why I am fortunate:<br /> Fresno County is the nation's top agricultural county with Tulare county in 2nd.<br />These are how the crops break down in Tulare county:<br />Milk- Tulare's top crop with a total value of $1,067,797,000<br />Total value of field crops- $290 billion<br /> - Vegetable crops- $22,212,000<br /> - Fruit and nut crops- $1.35 billion( almonds, cherries, grapefruit, kiwifruit, persimmons, plums, tangerines, walnuts increased in overall value)<br /> Grapes- $3.78 billion<br /> Naval oranges- $43.22 million<br /> peaches- $70,092,000<br /> plums- $85.5 million<br /> nectarines- $66.4 million<br /><br />So, I am very thankful for the area I am living in. Good fresh produce all year around. <br /> I know when relatives come out to visit from Missouri they bring two extra suitcases to carry fresh produce back with them. Usually avacados and citrus. Just wanted to share this with you. I needed to be reminded how fortunate I am.<br />Bassy

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: I am so fortunate.

Don't forget Bassy, you have Pine Flat Lake too. Oh, I miss it so! :( <br /><br />
010803.jpg
<br /><br />What I no longer miss is all that Boones Farm you used to grow there. Used to take bushels of empties off the house boat every weekend. :D

Trent

Captain

(I forget how fortunate ......)My parents are still alive to see my kids. We are all still healthy. And we are employed. God bless America! And you folks that are Americans! God bless all of you people. Hard times maybe ahead? Hope not. But we can do it. Have a happy mothers day! Make sure to call her at least.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Bassy...you do live in a part of eden...the part that gets too hot...just a Thought

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

True, true, Chief. Very true. That's when the lake comes in handy. :D <br />Bassy

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

I'm fortunate that the Sea Tow guy must have fallen asleep last night when the coast guard tried to get him, so I got towed in for free. ;)

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Bassy...I know your region very well and you are fortunate to have found a great place to reside. There aren't many people here that don't feel the same about where they live for various reasons different from yours, but at least you speak out about yours...just a Thought