Hull Dent

Troy_from _Oz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
G'Day all, <br /><br />I was reading through some of the posts in the outboards section and a couple of people mentioned hull dents causing listing of a boat and poor hole shot etc.<br /><br />I have dent in my ali runabout that from memore is about 3-4 inch long, maybe 1in wide and 1/2in deep. The boat is quite heavy on the starboard side (battery, aux motor and me) and lists to the starboard side. but could this dent be making things worse also?<br /><br />Also - how should I go about fixing the dent?<br /><br />many thanks<br />troy

D

DJ

Re: Hull Dent

Troy,<br /><br />If the dent runs across the boat (from side to side) maybe.<br /><br />If it runs along the length of the baot-I doubt it.

mallarddog

Cadet

If there is water coming in thru the dent then this could be why it's listing on that side. I can't see it so I can't say for sure.

Troy_from _Oz

Petty Officer 2nd Class

djohns, <br /><br />Yep - the dent runs along the length of the boat - so hopefully it wont be a problem.<br /><br />mallard - no water intrusion in the area of the dent. I did find out recently how quickly the boat fills up with even a small 1/4in hole (corrosion)- but that was another problem altogether ;) <br /><br />Many thanks for your advice<br /><br />troy

mallarddog

Cadet

Just figured I'd throw in a bit of humor, on a more serious side I can't see your boat listing from that small of a dent. Either place some equipment on the port side or lay off the fosters for a few months till she uprights, sorry did it again. :rolleyes:

Troy_from _Oz

Petty Officer 2nd Class

mallard - sorry about that - I was more worried in case you wernt joking - i'd hate to insult you if you were bein serious.<br /><br />I dont think there's much chance of me sinkin too many fosters - we aussies only export that stuff - wouldnt think of drinking it ourselves ;) <br /><br />I guess I shouldnt be too sarcastic - you guys are coming into you summer/boating season... while ours has pretty much ended :( <br /><br />Many thanks - Troy