How to tell what transducer you have (Hook 5)

wolfee

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a Hook 5 on my boat and am trying to find out what transducer I have but can't read the letters on the cable, they're too worn off. Is there another way to tell what transducer you have? All I've found is to read it off the cable. Thanks for any help.

That old Mercury

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a Hook 5 on my boat and am trying to find out what transducer I have but can't read the letters on the cable, they're too worn off. Is there another way to tell what transducer you have? All I've found is to read it off the cable. Thanks for any help.
Can you post a picture of it?
Thanks

That old Mercury

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Can you post a picture of it?
Thanks
If you go to setting : transducer it should be highlighted. If boat is in water you can see what two frequency it has and compare it here with what looks to be all they offered , unless its a generic one.

wolfee

Petty Officer 3rd Class
It looks exactly like the Lowrance Splitshot Skimmer Transducer except for the connector. My connector is a blue screw-on for transducer, red screw-on for power. I'm done redoing all electrical wiring in the boat and am putting the decking back on with new carpet, so I will get it in the water soon. I just don't remember having downscan Imaging. Thanks all.

That old Mercury

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It looks exactly like the Lowrance Splitshot Skimmer Transducer except for the connector. My connector is a blue screw-on for transducer, red screw-on for power. I'm done redoing all electrical wiring in the boat and am putting the decking back on with new carpet, so I will get it in the water soon. I just don't remember having downscan Imaging. Thanks all.
If you go to settings , transducer it may already be highlighted what it is .
Is it pyramid shaped?
Or is the transducer like 10" long?
In the water you can see what options you have on frequency and going by that and with everyones posted links you should be able to figure it out.
The reason i say try it in the water is , turning my on out of the water always stops the transducer, only way i have found to restart it is do a transducer restore then you have to select the correct one again.
But you dont know what yours is.
And mine is the hook reveal 9.
So i dont know what yours will do.

wolfee

Petty Officer 3rd Class
That makes sense, when I read the manual it says you have to choose what the frequency is, but I don't know. Everything I've read says to read the cable info but it's all faded away. This is what my transducer looks like exactly, but the connector in the picture is NOT what I have. Mine is a blue connector that screws onto the back of the Hook 5.

That old Mercury

Petty Officer 2nd Class
That makes sense, when I read the manual it says you have to choose what the frequency is, but I don't know. Everything I've read says to read the cable info but it's all faded away. This is what my transducer looks like exactly, but the connector in the picture is NOT what I have. Mine is a blue connector that screws onto the back of the Hook 5.
We know its not a triple shot from the pic. I had the model number when it was new for my hook reveal 9 and it took at least a week of emails to lowrance to tell me what it was. My transducer matches yours shape but mine is an upgraded one for my model.
Lowrance had me to select HDI L/H.
If you cant find yours already selected in transducer page maybe try that.
If you search amazon for your model it will tell you the transducers that you can buy for that unit, it could be a generic one also.
Mine worked on all the choices in the setting selection except the triple shot.
Too bad you cant read the cable, i know its a 9 digit code starting with a 5.
Lowrance forum might be able to narrow it down more.

That old Mercury

Petty Officer 2nd Class
We know its not a triple shot from the pic. I had the model number when it was new for my hook reveal 9 and it took at least a week of emails to lowrance to tell me what it was. My transducer matches yours shape but mine is an upgraded one for my model.
Lowrance had me to select HDI L/H.
If you cant find yours already selected in transducer page maybe try that.
If you search amazon for your model it will tell you the transducers that you can buy for that unit, it could be a generic one also.
Mine worked on all the choices in the setting selection except the triple shot.
Too bad you cant read the cable, i know its a 9 digit code starting with a 5.
Lowrance forum might be able to narrow it down more.
I powered mine up
To show you options but pic Pic wont upload Again!

wolfee

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I finally found a spot on the cable that I could read. The only thing on the cable is M-0025. At first I thought it's for a HTS-WSBL 83/200 but The HTS-WSBL connector is a 7-pin connector with a blue screw-on. My connector is blue screw-on but it's a 5-pin connector BUT the back of the Hook 5 has 7-pins. So am I capable of upgrading to a 7-pin transducer (like the HTS-WSBL) or is there a better transducer I should look at? I fish 100% fresh water lakes, rarely over 60 ft. deep, usually less than 40 ft. deep. Thanks for any help/advice!

Boat is a 16 1/2 ft. aluminum v-hull. Transom mount transducer.

That old Mercury

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I finally found a spot on the cable that I could read. The only thing on the cable is M-0025. At first I thought it's for a HTS-WSBL 83/200 but The HTS-WSBL connector is a 7-pin connector with a blue screw-on. My connector is blue screw-on but it's a 5-pin connector BUT the back of the Hook 5 has 7-pins. So am I capable of upgrading to a 7-pin transducer (like the HTS-WSBL) or is there a better transducer I should look at? I fish 100% fresh water lakes, rarely over 60 ft. deep, usually less than 40 ft. deep. Thanks for any help/advice!

Boat is a 16 1/2 ft. aluminum v-hull. Transom mount transducer.
I would go to Lowrance . com
Technical support and email them the info you have and the questions.
They may take a week or so and a bot may try to help you and respond about different things before you get a person.
I assume you bought it used ?
If you did you can ask how to re register it so you can possibly update the software if you cant do it now, by creating an account
I plan to update mine with the triple shot but use the other one also. I freshwater fish too down to 100' .
But i also fish shallow but on mine the cone is way to narrow in shallow water.
The triple shot they say is pretty flimsy and breaks at high speed turns, i drive slow though.
Hope that helps

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
From what I’m seeing, two of the pins are not used in the 7 pin transducers.

They simply dropped the 7 pins down to 5 as a cost saving measure.

Lowrance HST-WSBL Transom Mount Skimmer Transducer with Temperature 83/200kHz (5-pin) Blue Connector
main image

wolfee

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I still haven't heard back from Lowrance but @dingbat ... Would a 5-pin transducer also provide downscan? I can't get my boat on the water yet because I haven't finished putting the decking back on. My Hook 5 is just 'HOOK 5', there isn't Reveal. The back accepts 7-pins but the connector from the transducer is a 5-pin blue screw-on, like your image above. I was wondering if there is a "better" transducer out there for a HOOK 5 since I have the boat w/o its decking atm.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I still haven't heard back from Lowrance but @dingbat ... Would a 5-pin transducer also provide downscan?
Maybe, maybe not.
Nothing special about a downscan transducer. Still using a single piezo
I can't get my boat on the water yet because I haven't finished putting the decking back on. My Hook 5 is just 'HOOK 5', there isn't Reveal. The back accepts 7-pins but the connector from the transducer is a 5-pin blue screw-on, like your image above.
The only difference between a 5 and 7 pin is the speed sensor connection
I was wondering if there is a "better" transducer out there for a HOOK 5 since I have the boat w/o its decking atm.
If you unit has 7 pins and supports 50 kHz , you could go with an Airmar P66-BL.