Holding tank issue. Waste sensor problem.

Cdn20valve

Seaman Apprentice
I have a threaded fireboy/xintex tank level sensor in my poly waste tank. after getting a bad smell from the boat, I narrowed it down to a loose sensor, it was unthreaded and the oring was cut. I replaced the oring, and tightened it down. Two weeks later same thing. Popped out again. After tightening it down numerous times, i’ve narrowed it down to the pump out. During the pump out, it Somehow loosens. I have not seen it actually happen, however it was tight before the pump out, and afterwards, it was completely loose.

i am a pipe fitter by trade, and know what tight is. This time I added Teflon tape to help make a better seal. Also, the tank fitting is not cracked.

I thought it to be a plugged vent. So I checked that and it is not plugged. What else could it be?

alldodge

Staff member
Don't know, but do the threads look good?
Maybe use some thread sealer like permatex aviation sealer

Cdn20valve

Seaman Apprentice
Threads look good. I think I fixed it. Won’t know till I get the bit back to the pump out station. When I checked the vent hose I disconnected from tank and it was clear. However I never checked the vent elbow on the actual tank, Tonight I unscrewed it, and heard vacuum, looked inside and it was clogged with gunk. Cleaned it, put it back together and I’m pretty sure this should fix the issue. Surprised the tank didn’t collapse/split from the pressure.