Help with 1960 16ft StarCraft Viscount

RachJ2023

Recruit
Hello, I have a 1960 16ft Viscount that I need a windshield for - can anyone assist me finding a windshield for this? I found a 1962 StarCraft Jupiter and I can't tell if the windshield for this boat would fit mine. When I research Viscount, nothing really comes up for the boat itself.

matt167

Rear Admiral
You will need an original to send to a plastic manufacturer like UDP and it will cost about $500. My local glass shop does some plexi work and told me they could probably do mine ( ‘66 holiday 14 ) if I drop it off to them. But I haven’t had a chance

RachJ2023

Recruit
do you know if the viscount is the same as the Jupiter? I emailed UDP and they don't know and they don't accept returns. I saw a 1962 Jupiter windshield and I want to buy it but if it's not the same boat I can't return it and I'm stuck with something I can't use.

jbcurt00

Staff member
16ft Viscount has a wider beam 78" than the Jupiter 72", windshield 'might' fit, but may not look 'right'... might pull the windshield wings out a bit, but probably not enough to make up a 6" difference

Being wider, the curve at the bow deck will be slightly different on the Viscount which might make fitment a bit tougher but real hurdle is width.

Look @1960 specs:

RachJ2023

Recruit
Oh nice! Thanks! This info is good. Said beam is 72" - so any ideas where I could find a plexiglass windshield or should I just find something and cut it myself? Just having trouble finding a windshield fit for this. Should I use 72" as a guide for the windshield length? Sorry, I don't know much about boats.

matt167

Rear Admiral
Fiberglassics shows the viscount as 72” and Jupiter at 78”.. you could buy the Jupiter window and tell them to narrow it 6”. Possibly. Do you have the frame for it?

RachJ2023

Recruit
No I don't have a frame. I checked the site for the commander as well and they don't have that listed - it has the same beam size.