Help! I need to find a carb for 68 120hp 2.5

FreeBayliner4Us

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So I finally have started the restoration of my 68 Starcraft Holiday Deluxe. I took it over to a boat mechanic I know after I couldn't get it to run and just found out why. Someone pulled the carb off at some point and half the guts are missing. He says unless I can find a good used one, I am looking at $5-600 for a re manufactured one.

Last edited by a moderator:

FreeBayliner4Us

Petty Officer 2nd Class
GA_Boater,

My intent was asking for help trying to source a replacement carb, not set up a personal transaction. Other than Ebay, I have no idea where to look to try and find one. I'm just looking for advice here.

Thanks.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
That's what Gib was doing, telling you to shop ebay for a replacement. When you find one I would recommend getting a rebuild kit and a bucket of carb cleaner.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
GA_Boater,

My intent was asking for help trying to source a replacement carb, not set up a personal transaction. Other than Ebay, I have no idea where to look to try and find one. I'm just looking for advice here.

Thanks.

Understand, Free. It was hectic in the forums at that time. I'll that clean up.
Here's a link for OB salvage yards, but many have IO parts also: http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...oards/449716-salvage-yards-by-wilde1?t=438822 One other thing, could the missing parts be the rebuild kit parts - Just exploring possibilities.