Heinz Products

ehenry

Commander
I checked and my bottle of Heinz catsup ways "Product of Canada"! <br /><br />Guess I'll be checking out all the Heinz products at the store! I happened to look at the label of a jar of Heinz sandwich slice pickles. <br /><br />Yep...."Made in Mexico." <br /><br />Check some of your Heinz products. <br /><br />Sen. John Kerry keeps talking about U.S. corporations leaving this country and setting up shop in foreign countries, taking thousands of jobs with them. He is right, because that has happened. <br /><br />However, he is trying to blame it on George W. Bush. As far as I know, Bush has not moved one factory out of this country because he is not the owner of a single factory. <br /><br />That cannot be said about Kerry and his wife, Teresa Heinz-Kerry. According to the Wall Street Journal, the Kerry's own 32 factories in Europe and 18 in Asia and the Pacific. <br /><br />In addition, their company, the Heinz Company, leases four factories in Europe and four in Asia. Also, they own 27 factories in North America, some of which are in Mexico and the Caribbean. <br /><br />I wonder how many hundreds of American workers lost their jobs when these plants relocated in foreign countries? <br /><br />I also wonder if the workers in Mexico and Asia are paid the same wages and benefits as workers in the United States. Of course they're not. However, Kerry demands that other companies that relocate should pay the same benefits they did in the U.S. <br /><br />Why does he not demand this of the Heinz Company, since he is married to the owner? <br /><br />If Kerry is elected, will he and his wife close all those foreign factories and bring all those jobs back to America? <br /><br />Of course they won't. They're making millions off that cheap labor. <br /><br />Then go check your bottle of Heinz ketchup like I did....sure enough, MADE IN CANADA !!!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: Heinz Products

"Bush has not moved one factory out of this country because he is not the owner of a single factory"<br /><br />when labor costs cut too deep into cost of goods sold,<br />u can always raise sales price to re-coup extra $.<br />so question is, would you pay 3x price for brand<br />X Ketsup "made in the USA"? <br /><br />the market has already spoken on this matter I'm a<br />afraid. heinz may be MY "preferred", but will buy<br />Hunt's cheap on sale without hesitation.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I don't give a rats behind where the stuff is made, sold, marketed, shipped to, or from when I find something I like - I stick with it. <br /><br />don't get me started on unions ... :D :p

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Up to the point where I couldn't eat another Johnsonville brat, hamburger, or any fried potato.<br /> ... I have this thing with burger/fry resturants/bars that serve other brands of catsup ... it just ain't right.<br /><br /> I'm the same way with home made sandwiches that use mayo especially BLT's ... M-Whip for me please! <br /><br />call me what you will ... I like what I like. :) <br /><br />Just another example I guess, I like Ford trucks and will continue to buy them even tho P/U prices are totally outrageous.<br /><br />Same goes with power tools ... when Dewalt came out with their 14.4V cordless drill in the early to mid '90's It was better balanced and more ergonomic in my hand than other brands .. so I bought them instead. price wasn't an issue to be made. It just made sense. I've got close to 8 (various sizes) now because the price of batteries themselves is freakin' nuts and buying an entirely new 'fresh' unit in comparison to paying just for the battery.. it's how I am...<br /><br />Take it for what it's worth .. just me I guess

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The bottom line is if Companies dont use cheap labour but a competitor does they lose sales to the cheaper guy and eventually go out of business. Unless you can offer something extra that the consumer will pay for, such as better quality. This is why snap-on have blue-point, Oracle use India developers. The only way I can see to even the playing field would be to tax/ban goods from countrys with poorer minimum wage / worker rights but that wont happen.

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The bottom line is if Companies dont use cheap labour but a competitor does they lose sales to the cheaper guy and eventually go out of business. Unless you can offer something extra that the consumer will pay for, such as better quality. This is why snap-on have blue-point, Oracle use India developers. The only way I can see to even the playing field would be to tax/ban goods from countrys with poorer minimum wage / worker rights but that wont happen.

oddjob

Commander

When it comes to buying junk food (salt,sugar,fat) I stick w/ the lowest bidder that is paletable.. :) I dont get brain-washed by commercials to fork up extra cash for the very same product w/ NAME BRAND. :rolleyes: You want your ketcup stiff?,..open the cap on the bottle and leave it in the frig that way. :D besides my ketcup is always runny when I douse it with Louisiania Hot sause. :cool: I may make an exception to that rule occassionaly, but not w/ ketcup, mayo, or musturd.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

First, the Heinz company has issued a statement clarifying that neither Teresa Heinz Kerry nor Senator Kerry has any involvement in the management or the board of the business. It also says that neither Teresa Kerry nor any of the Heinz endowments or trusts holds any significant percentage of of shares of the company and that their holdings are less than four percent. In other words, no controlling interest. The statement also says that sixty percent of the sales of the company are overseas and that the foreign plants allow them to serve local customers with fresher ingredients. In other words, their foreign operations are for the purpose of doing business on foreign land, which is not the same, for example, as an American factory firing its workers and having the same work done in another country by cheaper labor.<br /><br />I just checked my Heinz bottle and it says it was made in Pittsburgh, PA.

gsbodine

Petty Officer 1st Class

sounds familiar, mr. (psst - the link's above! ;) :D )

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

my catsup has a political adjenda ... oh the horror!! :eek: <br /><br /><br /> :) :cool: <br /><br />
1dzte