Gauge Suggestions

89Donzi

Cadet
Hey guys, got a quick question. I bought a 2006 Bayliner BR175 and the previous owner installed a Hawk Eye depth sounder in the dash. Problem is it doesn't work, and he then installed a very nice fish finder that does work and works very well. So I want to just remove the Hawk Eye, but thats going to obviously leave me with a 2" hole in my dash. My boat already has a full set of gauges including hour meter. Any suggestions on what I could use to fill the hole? I was thinking perhaps a water pressure gauge. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

Ryan

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Gauge Suggestions

A water pressure gauge is a very good idea if you have an outboard. Not needed on a I/O. Water temp gauge is good for I/O Clock will fill hole. trim gauge?

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

If you don't really need a new gauge to monitor anything additional, why not just use a gauge blank? It would be a lot cheaper then spending money for something you don't really need.

89Donzi

Cadet

I have a trim gauge already...I'll look into the gauge blanks. Thanks guys!

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Parts-Ac...3--keywords.gauge blank--session_id.160239950

My boat came stock with a blank because I did not get the depth finder option... I dont know who makes that particular blank, but it matches the boat's Faria gauges perfectly and even has a "lens" rather then being a flat piece of plastic. Eventually I will put a depth finder in that hole anyway, but I didn't want to pay $2XX for the factory option when its a $100 unit.