Gas Tank Replacement, repair

tbrokamp

Recruit
I have purchased a 1984 Sportcraft 250 C-Eagle. It has a Mercury inboard drive. The boat had been shrink wrap stored for the past 5 years. I have had the boat gone over, and have only to find out about the gas tank. I believe that it is empty, and probably needs to be replaced. It is behind a plywood cover, and I have been unsure about the repair or replacement. Does anyone have any information on this topic?

rcmickey

Seaman
Re: Gas Tank Replacement, repair

I have a problem with a 1989 1500 Sprint with a bad tank under the floor. Its impossible to tell just how big the tank is and I have been ussing a plastic above the deck tank in its place. If you get any info please pass it on> Sorry I could not help!!!

Scuba Steve

Cadet

I am currently removing the tank in my 160 fisherman. I have been taking pictures of the process and will post as soon as I get them loaded up. I will tell you this. Getting the tank for your boat is almost impossible. Sport Craft is no longer in business and tanks are hard to find unless they are a standard size and you can get them from a marine warehouse. I was able to find a tank that is close to my original and it gives me an extra 8 gallons in the boat. Best of luck guys!

bowhuntrrl

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am currently removing the tank in my 160 fisherman. I have been taking pictures of the process and will post as soon as I get them loaded up. I will tell you this. Getting the tank for your boat is almost impossible. Sport Craft is no longer in business and tanks are hard to find unless they are a standard size and you can get them from a marine warehouse. I was able to find a tank that is close to my original and it gives me an extra 8 gallons in the boat. Best of luck guys!

Please post the pics!! I also have a 16' CC that I will be taking the tank out of soon. My problem is wet foam that I need to dig out of the hull. I figure it's the right time to take the tank out and check it. Mine is too small anyways, only seems to hold 10 gallons !

Texel Tom

Cadet

Hey tbrokamp

Do you have any pics of your 250 C-Eagle you can post. I'm restoring a '81 210 C-Eagle and I'd like to see how they compare.

Regards

TT