Gas Prices Around the World

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer
With all of this talk about the gas prises here in the states I was wondering if we could Find out how much People are paying from different countries???

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Gas Prices Around the World

Too much! Heavily taxed everywhere. $5.00 a gallon is not uncommon. The U.S. Libs always throw up how much the rest of the world is paying as an excuse to try to tax us out of our independant mode of transportation. They'd love to see us pay that much. The funny part is that they are screaming now because our prices have pushed near $2.00. The difference is that it is not going into their pockets as taxes.

gregdorado

Seaman Apprentice

in victoria austrailia it ranges from 87 cents to 1 dollar per liter. depending on if its along weekend or xmas hollidays. covert that to gallons and see how cheap it is for you .i bett that will put a smile on youre face :D . cheers greg

rjarreau

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Down here in Louisiana In the Grand Ole USA I just filled my boat up with 40 gallons and It cost me 1.56 Per a Gallon. Man I want the prices to go cheaper By the mid summer it will go up to about 1.70-1.80 a gallon. :D

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

96 octane = $1.13 ltr = $5.03 gal<br />92 octane = $1.06 ltr = $4.71 gal<br />Diesel = $0.68 ltr = $3.02 gal<br /><br />remember our $ = about $0.70 USD<br />Ross

sloopy

Commander

1.73 here this is crazy!<br /><br />How much oil do you think the world has left? When I do an internet search I get all sorts of crap, some sights say 15 years, some say 30 years but that there is a ton of oil in the middle of the ocean were it can't be drilled out.

vidar

Petty Officer 2nd Class

aprox 5.5$ gallon (us)....6 on a marina.....I want to mowe..... :mad:

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

Now grab hold of something solid:<br /><br />We pay approx 8,50 Danish Krone per litre.<br /><br />This means $ 1.38 per litre or $ 5.25 per gallon. Higher at marinas and alike.<br /><br />This info has made people think I was lying - for evidence check<br /> Danish Fuelprices Website <br /><br />Although in Danish language you'll get the figures.<br /><br />Do you think we are aware of mpg in boats and cars?<br /><br />PS! For comparison you should benchmark ie. how much fuel a given person could buy for the salary from one hours work.<br /><br />Here a certified electrician, carpenter or so 'earns' 4.65 gallons an hour. Subtract his personal tax pay and an hour's work will get him about 3 gallons. Price of one gallon equals 10 bottles (330 ml) of standard beer (4.6%) or half a deep pan pizza (std. size).

sinkunit0

Seaman Apprentice

we pay £0.90 at the marina pumps per liter thats about $1.70 .thats ovver $6.00 a gallon. At wot thats $2.00 a minute :mad:

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer

Here in Texas:<br /><br />$1.55 per Gallon!<br /><br />Its hard to be mad about that with all the other prices posted here.

LadyFish

Admiral

$1.65 here on the island, it jumped a nickel this last week.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

To answer your question, there is plenty of oil. The world has had very little exploration done. Many more places to look. But oil prices are too low to make those places economical. There are also other sources of oil not econimical yet, but will be in the future. Just guessing I would say there is 100 years of more oil. By then we will solved this fuel cell and fusion thing, so no more worries.<br /><br />The reason for the high gas prices is that refineries make more profit with the gas prices high, so they cut back on production. Plus enviornmental regulations have changed gas production completely<br /><br />Another thing is to think about how little gas prices have changed over the years as compared to other items. Just shows you how much more efficient we are in getting the oil from the ground than we were just 20 years ago.<br /><br />Ken

lundboat

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hopefully these fuel prices will come back down.<br /><br />Fuel price is the #1 contributor to inflation. All of our goods and services are brought to us via ship, truck, train, plain, etc. When the price of fuel goes up, everything else needs to follow in step.

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

Lets see.. with all the conversions in place<br /><br />$1.00 AUD = $.7491c<br />1 Aus Gallon = 4.54 litres <br />1 US Gallon = 3.78 litres<br /><br />We are paying @$.90 per Litre in Southern states of Australia = $AUD4.09 per AUGallon<br />= @US3.05 per AUGallon<br />= @US2.53 per USGallon<br /><br />I think you guys have it quite good ;)