G-Flex Use

jitterbug127

Chief Petty Officer
I ordered a tube of 3M 5200 and a tube of G flex. I tried to cancel the order for the g flex, but it showed up anyways. I have to pay for a label for return shipping, and its worth just keeping at this point. I have replaced many of the rivets on my boat and coated them in 5200. I'm trying to decide what to do with this g flex. My ideas are to coat the inside rivets of my boat with g flex (much like gulvit) or g flex all the seams on my boat. I can also just do nothing and save it for later. What say you?

SlipperyOar

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I ordered a tube of 3M 5200 and a tube of G flex. I tried to cancel the order for the g flex, but it showed up anyways. I have to pay for a label for return shipping, and its worth just keeping at this point. I have replaced many of the rivets on my boat and coated them in 5200. I'm trying to decide what to do with this g flex. My ideas are to coat the inside rivets of my boat with g flex (much like gulvit) or g flex all the seams on my boat. I can also just do nothing and save it for later. What say you?
I used GFlex for epoxying an aluminum skin onto my transom to cover all the holes. Amazing stuff... If i were you I'd keep it incase you ever need to apply a patch. You'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.