Fuel-water separator for 1999 3.0 MWTR carbed motor

MNBrent

Seaman Apprentice
I'm looking at the two universal Sierra separator kits that iboats store offers, and the difference is 1/4 and 3/8 fuel line.

I looked at my boat and the line only has a red stripe on it, but no markings that say 1/4 or 3/8. I assume it looks like 3/8 but just want to know if anyone has that info sorted out, 1/4 or 3/8 fuel line for these motors?

I'm fighting the black sooty spark plugs and believe I have a water in fuel problem.

Brent.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Fuel-water separator for 1999 3.0 MWTR carbed motor

I'm looking at the two universal Sierra separator kits that iboats store offers, and the difference is 1/4 and 3/8 fuel line.

I looked at my boat and the line only has a red stripe on it, but no markings that say 1/4 or 3/8. I assume it looks like 3/8 but just want to know if anyone has that info sorted out, 1/4 or 3/8 fuel line for these motors?

I'm fighting the black sooty spark plugs and believe I have a water in fuel problem.

Brent.

Ayuh,... 99% of I/Os have a 3/8" fuel lines....

Yer sooty plugs are an overfuelin' issue..
Check out the Choke after ya get the filter mounted...

MNBrent

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Fuel-water separator for 1999 3.0 MWTR carbed motor

Thanks for the reply Bond-O.

I'm checking the idle speed settings, compression, cleaned up-replaced all ignition stuff, timing, checking the choke operation, and cycling through lots of fresh gas with Seafoam. Hoping for positive results.