FUEL PROBLEM

byeager10

Cadet
I HAVE A MERCURY 115 HP OUTBOARD THAT WAS JUST REMANUFATURED IM HAVING A FUEL PROBLEM I HAVE TO KEEP SQUEEZING THE BULB TO GET FUEL THE MOTOR IDLES GREAT BUT AS SOON AS I GIVE IT GAS IT DIES OUT AND THE BULB IS EMPTY AGAIN THE CARBS ARE OK SOME ONE TOLD ME TO CHK THE VENT HOSE BUT THATS CLEAR.COULD I HAVE A BAD TANK I ALREADY CHANGED ALL THE FUEL LINES UP TOP

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander
Re: FUEL PROBLEM

Ho! Pls. hit your Caps Lock key, thnx.<br /><br />Obviously somthing prevents fuel from reaching your carbs in an amount sufficient for your motor to run at above idle.<br /><br />The fuel pump, on the motor, sucks the fuel from the tank. So, if there's a leak or blockage in your fuel line or tank vent., that's a possible reason as air will be sucked in or fuel will be restricted.<br /><br />Next possible fault could be inside the pump. If it's not pumping as supposed to, you'll get too little or no fuel to the motor.<br /><br />By squeezing you actually second the pump.<br /><br />I'd look it all over and be prepared for a fuel pump kit.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: FUEL PROBLEM

Moving to Merc OUTBOARD Troubles.