fuel line hose clamps

Fry300

Seaman Apprentice
What do you guys use for hose clamps? I'd like to put something back on my 1958 10 horse that looks more original. I don't know where to start. I've gotten away with those stainless steel worm screw clamps but they're ugly. Any suggestions?

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander
Re: fuel line hose clamps

Use rusty mild steel worm screw clamps and they'll look more like they came from 1958. :D

There are plastic options, but I wouldn't trust them for fuel lines, and they certainly would not look original. There are metal crimp-ons that may look sleeker, but uneeded for low-pressure fuel lines and not easily serviced like a worm clamp. There are metal "spring clip" type but again I would not trust for fuel lines.

I think what you got is the best option.

nwcove

Admiral

i forget the part # , but your local omc/brp dealer should have proper fuel line cable ties for less than 25 cents each. ( normal cable ties wont work)

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

I like the look of these.

001-15.jpg

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

Those specifically are double ear clamps. Pros are they look nice, and offer 360 degree of sealing.

Negatives, they are a 1 time use. I troubleshoot with something easier to get off, then when I am satisfied with the job, I install these.

You can also get 1 ear with a release on the opposite side

kbait

Commander

If you use 5/32" fuel lines, you really don't need ties as they fit securely. I just use small zip-ties so they cannot be pulled off without cutting the tie. If you use the more easily obtainable 3/16" line, you'll need a more secure clamp that will actually seal the hose to the barb.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral