Flooring Material question

monkeyzdrunk

Cadet
Hello, so we recently were in Canada and the lodge boats were Lund Alaskans, could not tell the year, however it looked like the whole floor was composite, plastic, whatever you want to call it. We are in the beginning stages of 3 boat restorations, and wondering what the product is called.. really was impressed with that flooring - looked at alot of information but can't seem to nail down an exact product. seemed very durable and light weight than the usual marine wood etc.. Any help is appreciated TIA

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

aspeck

Staff member
I believe the original deck material on the Lund was wood with vinyl overlay.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Visit websites like -----composites canada-----or ----noah's boat building materials-----usa composites.-----There are a host of materials.-----Myself I am using a 1/2" foam sheet with carbon fiber and Kevlar for floor on an---Action Marine 17-----Replacing rotten plywood.-----Lots of work, and not cheap.

monkeyzdrunk

Cadet
Visit websites like -----composites canada-----or ----noah's boat building materials-----usa composites.-----There are a host of materials.-----Myself I am using a 1/2" foam sheet with carbon fiber and Kevlar for floor on an---Action Marine 17-----Replacing rotten plywood.-----Lots of work, and not cheap.
I will check them out , thanks for the heads up

monkeyzdrunk

Cadet