Fish and Ski owners

ralphy670

Petty Officer 1st Class
Can someone tell me how the livewell is plumbed and how it is operated from a factory fish and ski Tahoe?

I want to put one in my 07 Q4.

Thanks

Tahoe Joe

Recruit
Re: Fish and Ski owners

Pretty easy but not sure if you have the box for it. I'vegot the Q6 SF and the live well is on the left near the engine compartment. Pump located under engine with intake screened near boat drain plug. The overflow is slight higher so that the livewell will drain aftere the boat is out of water unless you put the plug in. The main thing is tha it will require drilling two 1 & 1/2 " holes in the transom of your rig.

ralphy670

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks very much for the info. Thats exactly what UI needed.

mccownk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok, here is my setup on my 2006 Q6 S/F

Livewell with drain plug installed
attachment.php

Plumbing for fill and overflow. Pump is towards the bottom
attachment.php

Shows the drains
attachment.php

The screen intake and the drain to the right and higher
attachment.php

The livewell switch. Manual will keep filling, and auto fills for a few minutes and the stops and then fills again etc. to keep the water fresh and will drain out the overflow.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_1046.JPG
    100_1046.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_1047.jpg
    100_1047.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_1048.jpg
    100_1048.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_1050.jpg
    100_1050.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_1051.jpg
    100_1051.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 3

mccownk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

And one more of the fill to the left and overflow to the right.
attachment.php

Hope this helps

Attachments

• 100_1052.JPG
    100_1052.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 2

ralphy670

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow that is great, thanks for the photos Mccownk. Should make my install easier for sure.

Right break

Cadet

And one more of the fill to the left and overflow to the right.
attachment.php

Hope this helps

I have an 08 q6 and this live well confuses me every time I'm out. How do you fill your well? I usually turn on manual and it will spit like two tablespoons of water into the well then you just hear the pump running. I can leave it for five to ten minutes and nothing, just hear the pump running. I switch it back and forth to auto then manual and eventually it will fill like nothing was ever wrong. Is mine broken or am I just doing it wrong? Thanks

mccownk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Something is definitely wrong. In the manual position, the pump will fill and keep filling until you turn it to the center (off)or Auto positions. With the switch in auto the pump will run for a short period of time and then shut of and will run again for a short period of time every couple of minutes. The auto position is to keep fresh water circulating in the livewell.

I fill my livewell with the switch in manual and then turn it to the auto position. If you start by just putting the switch in the auto position it will not run long enough to fill the livewell with the first run.

If I were you I would first check the lines to the pump and from the pump to the livewell for any blockage. It sounds like there may be something in the suction line and it is taking awhile for the pump to get enough water to prime the pump and pump normally. Once the pump is primed (expelled all of the air) it will draw water from the outside. If the pump runs for 5 to10 minutes , it sounds like it is just cavitating until you shut it off and water is allowed to get to the pump again and finally takes hold and gets a suction. Definitely sounds like a restriction in the suction line to me.

lastarbuck

Recruit

Ok, here is my setup on my 2006 Q6 S/F

Livewell with drain plug installed
attachment.php

Plumbing for fill and overflow. Pump is towards the bottom
attachment.php

Shows the drains
attachment.php

The screen intake and the drain to the right and higher
attachment.php

The livewell switch. Manual will keep filling, and auto fills for a few minutes and the stops and then fills again etc. to keep the water fresh and will drain out the overflow.
attachment.php

Your's looks like mine. Have any idea what the 'lock'/unlock switch on the top of the pump does?

Hashi

Chief Petty Officer

I have an 08 q6 and this live well confuses me every time I'm out. How do you fill your well? I usually turn on manual and it will spit like two tablespoons of water into the well then you just hear the pump running. I can leave it for five to ten minutes and nothing, just hear the pump running. I switch it back and forth to auto then manual and eventually it will fill like nothing was ever wrong. Is mine broken or am I just doing it wrong? Thanks

Sounds like you have a clogged fill line somewhere. Try to remove the fill tube and check.

JK Turtle

Cadet

Your's looks like mine. Have any idea what the 'lock'/unlock switch on the top of the pump does?

The lock/unlock is so that you can take the mechanics part of the pump out and replace it when it goes out. That way you won't have to unbolt the whole thing. Just unplug it, twist it and it comes out.

lastarbuck

Recruit

The lock/unlock is so that you can take the mechanics part of the pump out and replace it when it goes out. That way you won't have to unbolt the whole thing. Just unplug it, twist it and it comes out.

Thanks for the information: I had no idea what it was locking/unlocking. Now the 'stupid' question: so in the normal mode it should be in the locked position?

Rentaltux

Seaman

Thanks for the information: I had no idea what it was locking/unlocking. Now the 'stupid' question: so in the normal mode it should be in the locked position?

Lock = normal
Unlock = replace

If you switch to unlock the whole centre black section should come out so you can pop in a new one if needed.

R