finaly got that big chuck

crab bait

Captain
just a few minutes ago i finally got that big ole' groundhog that i've been after for 3 years.. <br /><br />he lives under my shop an he's BIIIGGG.. he spawns 3 a year which i pop an they move on.. <br /><br />but this one,, i don't know how he does it,, but he's like the battery bunny.. goes on an on.. i popped 'em so many times you'd think he'd die from lead poison..<br /><br />he's so smart to .. knows ever move i make.. runs at the slightest noise.. even the door knob at 25 yards.. he's hard to get a shot at..it's been 3 weeks or more since the last..<br /><br />walked past the backdoor an peered out yonder an there he was.. big ole' fat butt & all... <br /><br />i was verwy verwy quite.. an he saw/heard an ran.. but just before goin' under the shed he stopped an turned head ,, i shot.. that quick..<br /><br />i just bought this new gammo 1000 fps one pumper w/scope.. dailed it in with point pellets .. but it was a virgin at 'live' targets..<br /><br />he stopped.. i shot.. that quick.. an face shot 'em. did some rolls around the ground an got 'em again but managed to crawl under the shed ..<br /><br />boy, is my shop gonna stink until he mummifies..<br /><br />now i am sad.. now what am i gonna do now.. he was my hobby,, my mentor ,, my common respected foe.. for 3 years.. he brought out the best in me an the worst in me.. i never walked pass without lookin' out to spot him.. i just wanted to wing 'em to play another day.. <br /><br />farewell big chuck.. farewell...

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: finaly got that big chuck

Hey crab bait, start a Chuck farm. Just release a couple at a time. :D

soce009

Seaman

if you are really sad i can catch the one in our neighborhood and release him at your shop, he's a big one ;)

Bondo

Staff member

3 Woodchucks...<br />And,<br />8 Rabbits......<br />All out the back window, since the Garden started to Sprout...........<br /><br />.22 sub-sonics.....

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Had you done it right in the first place---say, with a .22-250---you'd have plugged 'im lots sooner and wouldn't have become emotionally attached to the rascal. That's why they always say "use enough gun."<br /><br /><br /> ;) <br /><br /><br />-dd-

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

Got to love those 22 subs.<br />I have taught 1000's of rabbits and possums to do somersaults with those little pills.<br />Remington every time. makes my Marlin 70 real happy.<br />Dont forget the wild cats, stray dogs, and stoats. They all learn to hate Mr Remington fairly quick also.<br /><br /> :) <br />Peter

NOSLEEP

Commander

You finally set him free!<br />dogsdad is on the right road. A 22-250 would<br />have worked nicely.

crab bait

Captain

where do ya think i live ..!!..?? can't shoot gunpower around here.. <br /><br />plus i really didn't want to hurt em' ,anyway.. <br /><br />now since he's dead,, i am a lonely hollow shell of a man.. <br /><br />please come back ,CHUCK.. im sorry..

gaugeguy

Captain

You'll want him to go away again in a day or two once he starts to ripen a little :eek: <br /><br />We have a huge field about a mile from my house that is used strictly for haying and it is loaded with chucks. We go once or twice a year and shoot a bunch of them. The farmer only asks that after we shoot em, we stuff em back in their holes so they don't get sucked up into his baler.

oddjob

Commander

I have some cat birds that sometimes get cocky and dive bomb me around they yard. Then the black birds begin to get cocky too. I only meant to knock the wind out of him..I should have use the daisy instead of the pump. One pump was too much....ruined my morning.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

anyone seen "chucky's revenge"?<br />under the shed planning his revenge now crab,<br />watch out! ;)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I love to shoot at the squirrles with the kids BB gun. Keeps the eye sharp! Hope there aint a law against it cause I'm in the city limits. I am just waiting for the neighboors to see me do it.<br /><br />They drive the dog nuts, she barks all day, it drives me nuts, so I figure they deserve it.<br /><br />Ken