E150 XP primer question

wormboy

Petty Officer 3rd Class
First of all-- many thanks for previous advice on several posts of mine; y'all have the professional patience that seems to be lacking in the marine mech's in my area.
I had a major fuel leak coming out of the bottom carb when i pumped the bulb-- rebuilt all three carbs last night, and the problem was a bent float hinge-- as was diagnosed from afar by this forum. totally cool. The engine started right up, and now just need to synch the linkage and timing to get it purring. Excessive smoke in exhaust-- my original complaint, seems to be gone.
Two questions:
The leak is gone with just priming from the bulb, but when I hit the primer switch i get some fuel leaking out. Suggestions? Should I replace or rebuild the priming solenoid now?
Also-- the carbs on this engine (E150STLCEM) are slightly different than those shown in the BRP catalog parts diagram and the kencook manual-- for instance, there is no "idle passage" area that can be accessed, so there is an extra gasket in the OMC rebuild kits-- among other parts such as washers with no obvious place to replace them. Should I be concerned that I am dealing with replcement carbs on this engine that may not have the same specs as the originals? Everything else looks identical to the engine in the OEM manual.
Thanks beaucoup!!!

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: E150 XP primer question

Where is the fuel leaking when you hit the primer? It depends on if it's leaking out of the actual primer selenoid or the related fuel lines going to and from the selenoid as to your next course of action.....

wormboy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Rick, It was getting dark last night when I checked this-- I will be getting back to this after work this afternoon. If you wouldn't mind, can I PM this back to you this afternoon, or will repost when i know the answer? whichever works best for you.
Thanks.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Most likely the cap on the primer solenoid is cracked, if it's leaking at the solenoid. Kinda common and no biggie to replace the cap.