Draining Live Well

Seon

Petty Officer 1st Class
I recently bought a 2160 Trophy Hardtop. I noticed that I can pump water in the live well but don't see a separate drain hole...how do I drain it?

Neverhome

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Draining Live Well

I am not familiar with your Trophy but I have the 2359 and if it is the same, simply pull the water pipe in the center of the well from the rubber gasket in the bottom of the well and it will drain out.

Neverhome

Monterey10

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I recently bought a 2160 Trophy Hardtop. I noticed that I can pump water in the live well but don't see a separate drain hole...how do I drain it?

Seon, It depends on the year of 2160. My older boat had a bait well that recirculated the water. The newer boat has a box with at drain added that goes to a thru hull low in the transom. On the other side of the newer boat, there is a small recirculating bait well that I'm probably going to take out. This boat was a tuna boat, so it had a big ol' canvas bag hanging from the transom in addition to the boxes.

Seon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Neverhome: No pipe in the center to pull for it to drain.

Craig: I have the bait well that's located on the port side just aft of the passenger sliding seat.
The live well I'm referring to is located on the starboard side next to the engine. It has an inlet that pumps water in but nothing to drain it :confused: . The P.O. mentioned that he had to physically scoop the water out of the well :eek:. If necessary, I'll install a drain with plug that will drain in the bilges then run the bilge pump to empty the bilge :rolleyes:.

Neverhome

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Seon,

You may want to consider a drain that ties into an existing drain to a thru hull. If you drain it into the bilge you may start to get some noxious fish ordors even though you pump it right out. I try to keep as much water out of the bilge as possible to avoid corrosion and mildew.

Neverhome

lwhssh

Cadet

I have a 1979 2352. new to me this year. i recently put a hose in the livewell drain to flush it out. Water came out of the rear deck drain which make me think that the livewell drain is plumbed into the scupper drain.