Considering buying a NTM deckboat

FreeBayliner4Us

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I came across what seems like a nice deck boat. I have enjoyed our Bayliner but... The wife and I are getting a divorce and she is taking the Bayliner along with the lakehouse.:mad:

So I have been browsing the local boat yards when time allows. I came across this boat and there is something about it that has made me go back and look at it multiple times now. It is a 2002 Regal Destiny 2120 Deckboat. It has everything that I want in a boat. Plenty of room for entertaining, a enclosed head for the girls or when nature mixes with a bad burrito from the filling station on the way to the lake (long story), and a 5.0 V-8 so I will not be so underpowered unlike now. It has 89hrs on it and no signs of any leaks in the bilge. The boat was dealer maintained and I am told that service records are available.

The owner has what I think is a high price on it of $18,900 with trailer. The boat is in great shape with exception to some cosmetic damage from rubbing on the dock when boats go by where it was kept. I am thinking $14,500 is closer to a fair price but, with the market as slow as it is now... Who knows.

So what do you guys think? Good buy, bad buy? Anything I should lookout for? Questions I should ask?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCN2597.jpg
    DSCN2597.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2595.jpg
    DSCN2595.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2605.jpg
    DSCN2605.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 0

blifsey

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Considering buying a NTM deckboat

Sorry to hear about your situation.

The boat looks very nice. Is the 89 hrs correct? That seems very low for an '02! Took me a bit to figure out your "NTM" subject..."new to me"?

FreeBayliner4Us

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Considering buying a NTM deckboat

Yeah, sorry about that one. I guess I figured most folks knew about that one. But you are correct New To Me.

Well the hours are correct. I also learned that the owner has been trying to sell the boat for over a year now since he got laid off and has not put the boat in the water in a year. This raises new concerns because I know things can go bad just from sitting.

Any advice here would be appreciated guys!