Can you buy any fishing reels not made in CHINA!

Moving Target

Seaman
Went to buy a new rod and reel. Have not fished in years. The only rod I could find made in the good old USA was a St. Croix. More than I wanted to spend on a pole, but I sick of giving my money to China when we loose so many jobs in the US to china. Then came the reels. China, Korea, Taiwan, Malaysha,..... Come on, No one in the US makes a reel. The best thing I could find was a Shimmano made in Japan. When every thing is made in China and no one has a job in the US, who's going to buy their China crap then!<br /><br />Sorry, just very frustrating! :mad: :mad: :mad:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Can you buy any fishing reels not made in CHINA!

Howdy, MT.<br /><br />Amabassaduers are made in Sweden.<br /><br />When a job pays under $10/hour, we don't lose it to anyone. We throw it away.

miloman

Lieutenant Junior Grade

MT most of the major rod and reel manfactures have thier product made for them. If you are looking for product made in the USA you will have to go to speciality products and custom made both are real expensive

22WRF

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The last American made reel was Zebco but they have gone to Mexico or some cheap labor palce

gonfishn

Commander

Goes with lures to for that matter. Just a ha ha Nate. Seems that Wal-Mart doesn't know what made in America means at least in the fishn area.....

Fly Rod

Commander

If you are looking for spinning reels the Penn black and gold is still made in this country. I have used them for years.

Kaos

Cadet

don't be so racist...look at your president.<br />wont be long before everything says made in the usa.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

Kaos...huh?<br />too many pints mate? it's not racist to want to <br />support jobs and people in your own country...<br />have a good tug and you'll feel better :)

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Penns are made in the USA and are excellent reels. Mostly used in saltwater.

sergioy

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am all for buying American made, but unfortunately economics won't allow that. American worker = $10 p/h, other country worker = $0.15 - $1.00 p/h. You do the math. I know that when I was making $15 p/h I was able to provide for my family, but not much else. So the reality is that economics dictates where items are manufactured. We want to go to Wal-Mart and buy cheap plus get good quality, then we have to accept the fact that our goods are going to get manufactured elsewhere. :(

FLATHEAD

Commander

Penn reels has a factory about 3 miles from my house. I never did like the freshwater reels they make though. Quarrow rods are made in the USA are not bad in price. Wall mart?? Fugetaboutit.