Bush's lawyer resigns

knobby

Chief Petty Officer
Nobody's mentioned (here) about Bush's lawyer resigning. Ok, boys, explain this one.<br /> The lawyer for President Bush's re-election campaign, Benjamin Ginsberg, steps downs after admitting he advised a group that produced ads attacking Sen. John Kerry's Vietnam War record. President Bush had said his campaign had no connection to the ads.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Bush's lawyer resigns

you're talking politics here right?? ... should come as no surprise really ...<br /><br />lie cheat and steal is the name of the political game and adjenda.. <br /><br />who knows.. maybe Kerry started the BS just for the controversy :) ;)

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

You guys, please. Barlow, I'm not talking politics, I don't like Kerry, never will. I'm simply asking why Bush would deny any connection to the SB ads. Give me your ideas....read the link Boom, not much there to answer either.. next please.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

pardon the previous sarcasm knobby. <br /><br />If I were to guess I'd say someones wires got crossed and then called on it someones got to take the fall too since Bush said in an interview that I saw , ".. It's bad for the system and the position." refering to attack ads<br /><br />but who knows ... I'm certainly not an expert on the issue.

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks Bar, good enough for me. I'm voting for Bush anyway, though by my questions and comments sometimes the boys here seem to think I'm for Kerry.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

GW is against dirty tricks, and that ad is certainly dirty.<br /><br />Our President has stated that Kerry's service was honorable.<br /><br />Even if the ad is true it is irrelevant. What seems more relevant to me is what he did when he came home. No controversy about that.<br /><br />I suspect that the lawyer in question was told to resign because he acted unethically.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The group called for his legal advise and after he saw their add, he stepped down from Bush's team to limit the smear it would cause.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Even if the ad is true it is irrelevant. What seems more relevant to me is what he did when he came home. No controversy about that.<br />
Not just that but his lousy record in the Senate as well.

aspeck

Staff member

Knobby, Ginsberg was giving legal advice to the Bush campaign, not strategy planning. The Swift Boats group knew of his reputation and legal acumen and asked for his advice on the legalities of their ad. He gave them a legal opinion on the add. Period.<br /><br /><br />What he did was not illegal or "technically" unethical. His resignation was to stop any fallout from the Democratic camp. If you look at their side, you have several in the Democratic Campaign process, both under Kerry and previously under Clinton, who are doing much more with the "democrats" 527 PACs. A few of these are starting to be mentioned in the national media.<br /><br />I think Ginsberg's resignation was a call to the other side - "Look, we are trying to be above board, you do the same."<br /><br />Just my take on it. I have been wrong before (once, I think, back in about 1972, but that is another story).

oddjob

Commander

and that ad is certainly dirty.<br /><br />
I dont understand why it would be considered dirty for me to correct or set the record straight about some lying sob who got 3 purple hearts, wrote his own citations, claims that everyone involved left but him....get me a break!...not even worth pointing your nose in it. <br /><br />Theres alot more people that served with J F'N Kerry disputing his and his band (of what two?) brothers. They have been trying to get kerry to set the record straight a few years and the media w............WHATS DIRTY ABOUT CALLING OUT THE TRUTH!.......God help me.... :rolleyes:

oddjob

Commander

Ok, boys, explain this one.<br />
Well, ok Knobby, here:<br /><br />
The lawyer for President Bush's re-election campaign, Benjamin Ginsberg, steps downs after admitting he advised a group that produced ads attacking Sen. John Kerry's Vietnam War record. President Bush had said his campaign had no connection to the ads. <br />
Get it now?<br /><br />BTW, read Kerrys own diary:<br /><br /> http://washingtontimes.com/national/20040825-125217-7993r.htm

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

got it. you're so helpful. But I''m still voting for Bush.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

What are you guys gonna do if Bush looses the election???

oddjob

Commander

What are you guys gonna do if Bush looses the election???<br />
:D :D :D ....ah hem!<br /><br /><br />Well, I for one will reinact my military history, on film of course, write a book about it, tell about all the covert missions I encountered in Central America overthrowing all the commy *******s there and ensuring the freedom of all citizens,.........tell everyone I would simply DO THINGS BETTER....(sounds snappy dont it?)......then run against the smartest women in the world in 2008 and get some pay back big time. Oh I almost forgot...theres still time to marry me a couple of rich women to help with the finances ya know.. :)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Atleast two of Kerry's lawyer advisors are doing the same thing, advising multiple clients,( 527 groups). Nothing illegal about this according to the campaign finance rules, unless the lawyer is directing the 527 what to do and say, under orders of the candidate.<br /><br />Also Kerry and his master - Terrai'zza, have both personally participated in group 527 functions, which is definitely against the rules.<br /><br />Congress created this mess with McCain Feingold reform bill.