Bow Roller Problem, Looking for suggestions

Navigator

Chief Petty Officer
Anyone have any Ideas?<br />Here's my problem. The front Bow roller on my trailer is the "V" type in a 2 inch bracket. After trailering the boat a mile or so, the "V" manages to swing up so its no longer cradling the front of the boat. The bow is still resting on the rubber and the boat is firmly attached to the trailer so there is really no danger. Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop the bowstop from moving?<br />I've tried raising and lowering the winch and it makes no difference. I'd like to get a 3 inch "bowtie" type round roller, but my winch assembly is only built to hold a 2 inch.<br /><br />Anyone have any creative ways to solve this problem??<br /><br />Nav
smile.gif

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Bow Roller Problem, Looking for suggestions

Cabela's sells replacement rubber rollers and bow stops. I had a problem like that and manufacted an additional bow stop which is installed on the winch mount. Two pieces of steel and a few bolts and about a half hour of work (counting the time you just drink coffee and "plan"). Now when I winch up the boat it comes snug to the bow stop and the winch roller. It is overkill I guess but, it works.