Bought my first boat to tinker on. Looking for advice

TripleJGraffis

Petty Officer 1st Class

Morning Trip,
I was leery at first also. Got a boat load of stuff from them at great prices and quality. 5-7 days delivery, tracking, no join fees, and I use paypal.
Actually 1 order got messed up and they returned my funds and rushed a delivery that came in a amazon box lol.
At work I have about 15 different tradesman buying from them everyday. Always compare pricing. :]
Well I'll be damned! LOL I will definitely have to look things up there then!!!! Got a ways to go with buying accessories as I am barely touching the boat this past month. Birthday and vacation got in the way of working on her 2 weeks ago. Gonna get back out there tomorrow and Thursday hopefully. Suffering some major withdrawals from not being around her for so long🤣

TripleJGraffis

Petty Officer 1st Class
Working on the outboard today. Got the wire harness started. Some components are not matching but for now. I do believe I got the power tilt hooked up correctly. As soon as I added power...I got a continuous beep coming from the control box. Didn't even know it did that. What is it and how do I stop it?

TripleJGraffis

Petty Officer 1st Class
Also can't get the new power head to fire up at all. Gotta do some detective work as I have no clue why it's not starting abs why the control box screams at me

TripleJGraffis

Petty Officer 1st Class
Pics man pics
No pics but I think for this...a video might be better.

Got out there the last 2 days and worked on puting the motor back together and trying to get it to run and also worked on the inside end of the transom. Got pb and csm laid down back there... looks horrible..... but it'll be hidden.....so whatever.... The resin started kicking within 10 min so I used less mekp but that batch still kicked within 10 min.... lost 2 cups of resin due to this.... it's getting dark so I'm gonna call it quits for another 2 weeks.

can't upload pics for some reason. Anyone else have this issue? Got this error code

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The upload failed because the file could not be written to the server. The site administrator will need to resolve this before any files can be uploaded.

Pmt133

Chief Petty Officer
No pics but I think for this...a video might be better.

Got out there the last 2 days and worked on puting the motor back together and trying to get it to run and also worked on the inside end of the transom. Got pb and csm laid down back there... looks horrible..... but it'll be hidden.....so whatever.... The resin started kicking within 10 min so I used less mekp but that batch still kicked within 10 min.... lost 2 cups of resin due to this.... it's getting dark so I'm gonna call it quits for another 2 weeks.

can't upload pics for some reason. Anyone else have this issue? Got this error code

The upload failed because the file could not be written to the server. The site administrator will need to resolve this before any files can be uploaded.
Me thinks lingering crowd strike issues... not entirely sure though but it seems to be an issue on the site end and I've been having it since atleast Saturday....

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Go to Suzuki engine forum. I've had great help from Johnson outboard guys.
Could be any number of things from ground, ignition switch, cut off etc.

aspeck

Staff member

We are having an unknown intermittent problem on the iboats end of things. That is why pics can't be loaded. We thought it was fixed, but it came back again ... hopefully it can be remedied soon, but no promises.

TripleJGraffis

Petty Officer 1st Class
We are having an unknown intermittent problem on the iboats end of things. That is why pics can't be loaded. We thought it was fixed, but it came back again ... hopefully it can be remedied soon, but no promises.
No worries. Pics can wait and if anything, the URL links are working, so I can always update videos.

TripleJGraffis

Petty Officer 1st Class
Inside of the transom is fully completed!! Took more resin than I care to admit and i provably over did it but I feel 100% positive that it is fully water tight in there! Took some extra pb and fixed up the inconsistencies with a brick mortar spreading tool... actually made quick work of it instead of spreading it with a popsicle stick. Going to continue using that or at least something larger. 1 layer of csm and 1 layer of 1708 and I am done with that thing!!!!! Now onto patching up holes.... filling in the gaps and making new stringer templates as I've decided to raise my deck up a couple inches so the entire deck spans the entire width of the boat. Instead of just to the inner grooves.....I will fill those grooves in with pb.

TripleJGraffis

Petty Officer 1st Class
Finally got around to this motor today. Hooked the battery to a jumper cable and touched it to the positive terminal of the starter...... sparks flew like crazy..... but she fired right up! Any idea what else this could be now?

TripleJGraffis

Petty Officer 1st Class
Been continuing on the rebuild but holding off on taking pics until the server issue here is fixed. Anyone know of a good 3rd party photo sharing source that isn't too much of a pain in the ass to use and doesn't cost anything??

Got 2 new stringers cut out of 2 half inch ply boards glassed together. The template that I used made these look questionable. Once the glass is ground down, I will slap them in the boat and see how it looks and make adjustments as needed.