Boat wont start after running.

Zachwest34

Recruit
I have a 1999 evinrude 70hp fuel injected. If I drive the boat until it's fully warm. It will not start again for approximately 10 minutes or so. This started out of no where. But since this issue started I've replaced all fuel filters and fuel hoses aswell as ball pump. Still have the issue. Sometimes after 10 minutes if someone pumps the ball it helps somewhat but not always. I've suspected the fuel pump but not too fluent in outboards. Any suggestions? Thank you

Chief Petty Officer
Had a similar issue . The cause (for mine) was lack of crankcase pressure. Hard to diagnose. Tightening a few bolts solved it (for me at least). Good luck

racerone

Supreme Mariner
That 1999 70 HP is a fuel injected 4 stroke ( Suzuki ) and crankcase pressure is not an issue I think.

Ronniewhite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1999 evinrude 70hp fuel injected. If I drive the boat until it's fully warm. It will not start again for approximately 10 minutes or so. This started out of no where. But since this issue started I've replaced all fuel filters and fuel hoses aswell as ball pump. Still have the issue. Sometimes after 10 minutes if someone pumps the ball it helps somewhat but not always. I've suspected the fuel pump but not too fluent in outboards. Any suggestions? Thank you
Maybe overheated. Try new thermostat and impeller.