Board Activity

FreeBeeTony

Captain
You can tell the boating season is approaching by the amount of new messages on the boards. In the last week the level of activity has really increased! Everybody is getting ready to put their boats in the water. I personally can't wait!

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: Board Activity

Should have mine in the water by the 15th. Have to paint the hull and some minor gel coating and buffing now that it is warmer

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Doing some work on mine, but gotta wait til the threat of freeze is over. :( usually 3rd week in April around here is safe to de-winterize.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

And latley I've been thinking that the boards sure have been quiet. Especially when compared to last spring, it was a madhouse around here.<br /><br />Take a look at the number of new topics today. Barely a handful on most forum pages. Zero on a few of them. <br /> :confused: :confused:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Bored To Tears:<br />Could it be people are afraid to post?
Now why would that be?<br /><br />I fired the Mag2 up yesterday and it was sweet music to these ears.

LadyFish

Admiral

If the board seems a little slow its because the lower half of the U.S. is ALREADY boating and fishing. :cool:

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Ladyfish,<br /><br />A comment like that should be accompanied with an invitation to those of us eskimo's soiling our drawers waiting to get our boats out of the shed and into the water........... :p

LadyFish

Admiral

C'mon down Pointer. Actually I have been contemplating a Winter Beach Bash at the Casa here. Maybe next year. I can't help but pity those of you who can't boat all year round. My Mom lives in Upstate N.Y. and she told me there is still 3 foot of ice on the lake. Yesterday, her dog was near the shoreline on the ice raising holy heck and she went to check it out and it was a bunch of piceral (sp) swimming just under the ice. She still has a lot of snow and didn't talk nice to me when I told her my tomato plants are already 2' high.

tylerin

Commander

If the board seems a little slow its because the lower half of the U.S. is ALREADY boating and fishing. <br /><br />
Don't forget about the West coast, should approach 90 today, or I can drive 1 hour and a half and be snow skiing :p